Chapt > Forty- Eight

> K E E G A N

"What time you picking up Demi since you left her at Ms

"What time you picking up Demi since you left her at Ms. Dorothy apartment?"Dave ask.

"I'ma pick her up when I'm going to the hospital to visit Marilyn"I said. "What happened to Marcus?"I ask.

"I pulled him out the house and push him down the stairs. Neighbors find him and took him to the hospital"Dave shook his head.

"Hospital! What if he tells the police that you....."

"Why it even matter to you?"Dave ask.

"Cause I don't want you to get in trouble now"I said.

"I won't. Before you leave, here"Dave gave me this piece of paper.

"What is this?"I asked.

"Just go to that place instead of here okay"he said. I nod my head and walk out the apartment. "Be safe driving"

"Bye Dave"I smiled.

Time to pick up little Demi.

> Later

"Mommy, why you left me here?"Demi ask.

"Oh little girl, stop lying to you momma and tell her how much fun we had"Ms. Dorothy said.

"We had fun momma, we dance, sing, and even did each other nails"demi said.

"But she did cried"Ms. Dorothy said. "You and Dave handle it, right?"

"Yeah"I nod my head. "He's in the hospital now"

"Good"Ms. Dorothy said.

"But Marcus needs to be put in jail for life. He held Abbi at gunpoint and shot his own cousin, Marilyn"I said.

"That's crazy. He's crazy"she said.

"I know, I know. I don't know what to do. Dave wants me to go to this address after I leave the hospital. You coming?"I ask.

"I guess I can take a ride"she smiled and followed me out the apartment with demi in my arms.

> Hospital

"How you feeling today?"I Marilyn as she ate some ice cream.

"A little heated. My body ache"she said. "Where is Demi?"

"With Ms. Dorothy in the cafeteria"I said. "Marilyn, I'm expecting a little one on the way"I smiled.

"You serious!!Oh my god!!! I'm planning the baby showrr"Marilyn said.

"Uhhhhhhhh, Angle won't let you do that and I don't think I should have another baby shower"I said.

"I don't care. I have money, we having a baby shower"--"Who is angle?"

"She's my best friend. Her, Indyia, Milan, Kylan, and Dave's best friend Bianca"I said.

"Why can't I meet them? I want to meet them"she said said.

"I'ma call them tomorrow and see if they want to come down to Miami"I said.

Marilyn clapped her hands and smiled. "We can plan a girls night out and tell them that your pregnant"

"Okay baby planner"I laugh.

"What about your mom and dad? Your sibling?"Marilyn ask. I sigh heavily looking at my nails. "They don't call"

"Kaitlyn is........."I scoffed. "I don't know about her but I never called my mom since when Dave left me back to New York"I said.

"You told her about Marcus?"

"Yeah, she told me to be strong. Fight for demi and love"I said. "She's fighting another battle"

"What kind?"

"My sister who is in big ass trouble with some guy she use to fuck with. He's a king pin or drug dealer, whatever you call them"I shook my head.

"Maybe you should go down there with Demi"Marilyn said.

"No, they coming down here for Thanksgiving"I said.

"Thanksgiving ain't till 3 months from now"I said.

"When is Demi birthday?"Marilyn ask.

"You trying to plan her birthday party"I chuckled.

"Hell yeah"Marilyn said.

"Okay, January 21st"I said.

"Oh so she's still 3"Marilyn said.

"Yeah, Abbi more older then her"I said.

"Yeah. Getting out the way"Marilyn frowned. "Your lucky Keegan, you have people that loves you while I'm sitting here in a damn bed shot"

"Marilyn, you are loved. By me, Dave, Demi, Ms. Dorothy. Your mother loves you and Adam"I said. "I don't want you to say that again. Everybody isn't perfect Marilyn"

"Thanks Keegan"

"Welcome"