15 ; cold

"You wanna tell me what you did and who was at the door?"

Charlotte asked as she wrapped a bandage around Roman's knuckles. "No," he mumbles. She sighs as she sits on the bar stool next to him. "Leat'i," she starts. "Don't call me that right now," he groans rubbing his temple. "Babe, what's wrong?" Charlotte frowned.

He sighs as he looks back at her. "Nothing," he stands up. "Thanks," he says before walking out the kitchen. Charlotte sighed as she watched him leave. "Give him some space," she thought to herself.

A couple of hours have past and it was around nine at night. Roman had left to go to the gym and he hasn't came back. Charlotte was getting worried because he hadn't talked to her and she was going paranoid.

She heard a door close making her walk to the door. She saw Roman put his gym bag on the floor.

"There you are," she exclaimed walking up to him. "I've been worried sick." He looks at her, as her mouth gaped open. "What the fuck happened to your eye?" She said. "Ash, I'm fine," he says walking away. "Why are you suddenly hiding things away from me again?" She asks. "We just fought about this."

"Ash, just leave me alone," he says walking away. "You're not walking away from me," she says. "Well, it looks like I am," he says before turning the corner. Charlotte sighed as she followed him. She walked into the kitchen to see him taking a beer out the fridge.

"Babe, what's wrong with you?" She asked. "Ash," he scoffs. "I'm fine. My hand is fine, my eye is fine. I'm fucking fine," he yells smashing the beer bottle on the floor. She jumped as he pushed her out of the way with his shoulder.

Charlotte felt tears well up in her eyes as she heard the door slam closed. She walked up the stairs to her and Roman's bedroom and sat on the bed. She didn't want to cry, but she wanted to cry.

After calming down for a bit, Charlotte walked down the stairs and opened the door. She saw him sitting on the porch swinging chair. She walked up and stood in front of him.

"You're gonna catch a cold," she says giving him a blanket. He looks at her before taking the blanket away from her and putting it on his lap. "I'm gonna lose her."

"Loose who?" She asked sitting next to him. He scoffs. "JoJo," he says still looking into the darkness. "Galina came," she heard his voice crack. "She fucking came back and threatened to take Joelle away from me," he whispered. "Baby," she whispers.

"I told her that I'll always protect her. The first day I saw her. I promised her that I wouldn't let anything happen to my baby girl, Ash," he says looking at her with watery eyes. "And now, I can't keep that promise anymore."

"Roman," Charlotte says putting her hand on his thigh. "You're not going to lose her," she says softly. She takes his face and makes him look at her. "She's not going to leave you. I promise you, baby. We'll find a way to keep her. I promise," she whispers.

He nods and hugs her. "I'm scared, Ash," he whispers in her neck. She kisses his cheek. "I know. Me too, But we'll get through it," she says lifting his chin up to kiss his lips. "Together," she pulls away. He nods again before hugging her. "I love you. Please don't ever leave me. I need to have you in my life forever and ever," he whispers.

She smiles. "I need you more than you need me, babe," she whispers back. "Mmm, not true. I need you to ice my eye for me," he groaned as she giggled. "Whatever you want."

644 words

HEYYY!! So chapter up fairly quick! Good shit! I was on facetiem with Caitlyn and we were discussing shit about our books and tea about SDLive last night, so I guess that's why I updated today!

Sorry if the chapter seemed rushed a bit. I really don't know why, but I guess it just happened. What do you guys want the next chapter to be about because I'm kinda stuck! So help a bitch out if you want her to continue to write this book!

But yeah! I hope you guys liked this chapter! Next one will be up soon!

Love you all!!

~Chelsea💜💜