52 ; all too well

It's been about two and a half weeks since Ashton was born. When she was pregnant, everyone would tell Charlotte that the first three months would be dreadful, that they'll be tiring. But honestly, they've been perfectly fine.

Ashton barely woke up in the middle of the night and when he did, he just wanted to be in the presence of his parents or his older sister. He was always happy, which everyone knew was very strange because both of his parents were very moody people and always had the most dramatic reactions to almost everything.

"Hi, baby," Charlotte coos at her son as she picks him up from his crib. "Good morning, my sweet baby," she smiles as she kisses his forehead. Ashton smiles at his mother before sneezing, making her laugh. "Bless you."

As if he could understand what his mother was saying, Ashton continued to have a toothless smile on his face as he nuzzled himself into his mother's arms. Charlotte smiled as she reached over in the crib, taking his blanket and draping it over her shoulder, before walking out the room.

She walked into her bedroom, hearing running water, come from the bathroom, signaling that Roman was awake. She puts Ashton on the bed, putting pillows on the left and right side of his body, making sure he wouldn't fall before walking into the bathroom.

"Hey," she says. "Hey," he said a bit strained. "Didn't you shave like two weeks ago?" She smiles. "No," he says as he moves the razor up and down his face. "I haven't shaved in two weeks," he corrects. "It feels weird when I kiss you."

Charlotte blushed as she walked up to him and hugged him from behind. She exhales as she leans her head on his back. "Do you really have to go?" She mumbles.

Roman chuckles. "You were the one that told me you were OK with me leaving," he says as he bends down to wash his face. She sighs. "I know, but it's my first time being alone with Ashton and JoJo's with Galina and I actually don't even know how long you'll be gone for."

"I'll be back before 11," he says. Charlotte whines as she throws her head back. "I wanna go out, but I don't wanna leave Ashton with anybody." Roman laughs as he shakes his head. "I've been telling you to go out whenever the girls are, but you're always like," he clears his throat, "I'm don't feel like going out tonight. Maybe next time."

"I don't sound like that," she smiles. "Mm, yes you do," he laughs again. Charlotte punches his chest. "Bitch," she says before walking away from him. "Oh come on, Ash," Roman laughs as he follows her.

"I wasn't even gone for five minutes and he's already knocked out," she smiles, picking him up from the bed. "He's definitely my son," he chuckles as he takes Ashton from Charlotte. Charlotte giggles as she clutches on to Roman's left arm.

"I'm gonna miss you." She could feel herself getting emotional. She hadn't been like this since giving birth to Ashton. Roman looks at her. "Ash, are you crying?" He asks. She sniffs. "I don't know why," she says.

He kisses her hair. "I'll be back. I promise. It's just a small radio interview and a TV appearance and I'll be home. Fingers crossed," he whispers as he feels Ashton move around in his arms.

She sighs and nods. "OK. I'll be here," she says. "Look at me," he says making her follow his instructions. "I love you," he smiles. She smiles back as she softly kisses his lips before pulling away. "I love you, too."

617 words

Wow. Guess who finally updated! Huge shoutout to PiperFlair for the slight ideas! Now I have a good direction as to where to take this book. Maybe in a couple of chapters, the book will end, but as of now, it's still going!

Also, I published a new oneshot book just for smut! It's called 'Slow Motion'. Many of you have checked it out, but if you haven't, please check it out and don't forget to request! Here's the cover, made by yours truly:

 Many of you have checked it out, but if you haven't, please check it out and don't forget to request! Here's the cover, made by yours truly:

But yeah! Next chapter will be up soon!

Love you all!!

~Chelsea💜💜