35 ; daddy knows best

It was around 6 and Ric was coming over in any minute and Charlotte was sitting with Joelle on the table.

"Mommy, daddy said grandpa's coming over," Joelle said. Charlotte sighed. "Yeah, he is," she smiles. "Come here, Jo," she whispers, seeing Roman take some glasses out. "I don't want grandpa to know about the baby yet. We won't say anything, OK?" She asks sticking her pinky out.

Joelle nods as she links her pinky with Charlotte's. "Thanks, baby," she smiles hugging Joelle. "I love you," she whispers. "I love you, too," Joelle whispers back.

"He's gonna find out anyway," the two hear. "No need to make promises," Roman continues. "Well, don't say anything because I wanna be the one to tell him," she says. They hear the doorbell ring, making her stand up. "I got it," she says. "I got it."

Charlotte sighed as she tied her robe up before opening the door, seeing her father and another woman there.

"You haven't gotten ready to see your old man, Ash?" He smiles. Charlotte scoffs as she looks at the lady next to him. "Give him two years. That's how long it took him to leave his last wife," she says.

"Charlotte," she hears, seeing Roman with Joelle in his arms. "Be nice," he says. Charlotte scoffs. "I'll try," she walks away. Roman sighs as he holds his hand out to Ric. "How are you, Joe?" He asks. "Good. I'm good," he smiles. "And this must be Joelle," Ric smiles as he gives Joelle a high-five.

He reaches in his pocket and hands Joelle a $100 bill. "Don't tell your mom about it. She'll get mad at me even more," he says making Joelle and Roman laugh. "You must be Wendy," Roman smiles as he shakes her hand. Wendy smiles. "Yeah, I am."

Roman lets them inside as he puts Joelle on the door, directing them to the dining room. "You two have a lovely home," Wendy says. "Please. It's hard cleaning up after this one," Roman teases Joelle, making her smile.

Charlotte came into the dining room, looking uncomfortable. "You OK, Ash?" Ric asked. "I was till you got here," she says sitting down. "Charlotte, if you have something to say, just say it," Ric says. "I would but your wife, that I knew nothing about, and my daughter are here," she says.

"Ash," Roman says, making her look at him. She huffs as she stands up and walks over to him. "Charlotte, I said be nice," he said. "Why is he here?" She asked. "You two need to talk. I wish my father was here as much as yours is. Just be nice for tonight," he says.

She rolls her eyes and huffs. "Fine," she says. "Good," he smiles giving her a hug. "I would kiss you, but I just threw up," she says. "You should tell him. I don't think he'll want to find out over the press that his baby girl is having a baby and she didn't have the guts to tell him himself?"

Charlotte groaned. "Ugh, I hate it when you're right." Roman chuckles. "Daddy knows best," he smiles. "That's not the saying," she smiles and pulls away. "Well, it is in this house."

540 words

Second update of the day! This is the second part and the next part is going to be the third part. Hopefully.

Next chapter will be up soon!

Love you all!!

~Chelsea💜💜