40 ; acting weird

Charlotte woke up to feeling something on her hand. She moved her head around and saw that she was in a hospital room. She turned her head more to see Roman next to her.

"You're home," she whispers, getting his attention. He smiles. "Yeah. I was always coming home today. You just haven't been answering my calls to know that."

Charlotte sighs. "Can you lay next to me?" She whispers. "Yeah. Scoot your ass over," he smiles making her giggle. "Don't make me laugh," she says as she leans over on his chest.

"If you think I did this on purpose, I didn't," Charlotte says. "No, I know what happened," he says rubbing her shoulder. "I just wanna know why you don't want to have a baby."

"My mom told you, didn't she?" Charlotte says. "I know you, Ash. You've been acting all weird since I left," he says. "I never thought that I would be in the position to have a baby."

"I mean, I have to live with this for the rest of my life. And now," she sniffs. "I'm not going to to have the chance because it's dead," she says.

"Hey," he says bringing her closer to her chest. "Nothing is going to happen to either of you. You just have to trust me," he says. Charlotte sniffs again. "Did I scare you?"

Roman chuckles. "Yeah, a lot. You're mom called me while I was pulling into the driveway," he said. "I'm just glad that you're OK, and that's all that matters right now. You and the baby being OK."

Charlotte's doctor walked in seeing the couple together. "Glad to see you're finally awake, Ash," she says. Charlotte softly nods. "Is the baby OK?"

"He seems perfectly fine," the doctor says. "He?" Roman asks. "Yeah. Congratulations guys," she smiles as the couple look at each other smiling. "We're having a boy," Charlotte whispered as Roman leaned down and kissed her lips.

"I've noticed that you haven't been getting a lot of nutrition lately and the baby is smaller than where it's supposed to be. Have you been eating, Ash?" Charlotte looks at Roman, then shakes her head.

"Well, if you don't, it can cause some difficulties later in the pregnancy, possibly early birth, and that's one of the things that we don't want."

"I just don't have an appetite," Charlotte explains. "Nothing seems good to me anymore," she shrugs. "Well, I would suggest starting off with something small, like fruits or chocolate, then you could have Joe help you get to a different level. Maybe when you're about 7 or 8 months, you'll be able to find you're appetite."

Charlotte sighs. "Fine. I'll try," she says. "It's not just what's good for you, Ashley, but for your son as well," her doctor says. "Yeah, I know. What's best for my son."

475 words

HEYYY! First chapter of the new year!

So, Charlotte's having a boy! I'm not really sure what to name him so if you want, comment some names and I'll see which one I like. I just don't want to use names that I've already used like Riker, Mason, Liam, or Jackson.

Next chapter will be about how Charlotte and Roman start telling people that they're gonna have a baby and it might be up today or tomorrow, depending on how much school I have. Yeah. I'm back to hell.

Next chapter will be up soon!

Love you all!!

~Chelsea💜💜