SPARKLING WATER CUNT

Despite the few days passing by and college starting so soon, I couldn't forget the warmth I felt. He had used his ice quirk through his hand when he had felt my sweaty palm, so why did it still feel so warm?

"Are you crying aga- oh, you're not," my mother's head poked in and I pursed my lips.

"It was once in the car when we were coming home," I cleared.

"It was to the point of where you couldn't breathe and you clutched your chest with all the life left in you."

"I hate when that happens," I spoke softly, my head hung low. "Why does that family keep bouncing with ours, I don't want any ties with them anymore," I felt my voice waver before I stopped talking altogether.

"I'm sorry."

My eyes went wide and my lips parted before my head snapped up to speak in disagreement to her two words yet she held up a hand to silence me before I could say anything.

"I had heard rumors of the last Todoroki attending U.A. University yet brushed them off in pure hope of him not ending up in your class or it being false altogether. I had no idea that it was confirmed, and my mind hadn't gone as far as to prepare for his father being there as well," her calm voice made me feel safe as she talked. "Good news is that he's not any part of the college staff and encounters with him will be minimal, but still required due to his son being in the same class as you."

"I know it's not your fault or doing and anything related is out of your control," I explained and she quickly spoke up.

"The same thing applies to his son."

My eyes widened slightly at her words.

"Shoto, that is," she clarified and I found myself nodding in agreement with her. "See him for who he is and what he can do as an equal and classmate. His father acts on his own awful accord, with no influence of Shoto's being at all, whatsoever. Got that?"

"Yes."

She blew a breath out, stepping towards me to pull me into her hold.

"Remember this as final words on this," she brushed my hair back to look me in my eyes.

"Of course," I nodded.

"You can't go back and change the beginning but you can start where you are and change the ending."

I blinked, the words registering in my head as I nodded again.

"Don't punish someone for a crime they never were guilty of committing, okay?"

I nodded barely before I buried myself into her hold, her arms tightening around me.

"Thank you."

"It seemed like you needed it."

"I did," I felt my chest crumble again, clutching onto my mother. "I really did."

"Gonna cry again?"

"I don't know anymore."

"And that's alright, take your time and know you're not alone. That's what matters so breathe, baby, breathe."

»

The night of moving into the dorms had came and we were told that the roommates had already been assigned. When our class would gather in the main room, the pairs would be told, not available for debate unless under drastic measures which sounded reasonable enough to all of us.

"My baby girl is all grown up!" My mother gushed on.

"Mom, you're a teacher here, it's not even like we'll be far from each other," I sighed at my sobbing mother when we came to the entrance of the building.