STOP WITH THAT SHIT

"Stop with that shit," I whispered.

"Mr. Aizawa, h-he saved us, but he had an opening, one that Tomura took advantage of. Ms. Midnight was quick to step in and cover it for hi-him, but s-sh-she ending up being the first one Tomura used his quirk on."

My arms were hung limp by my side the entire time. Izuku sobbed harder, unable to speak any further and I felt like he didn't need to at this point. He stepped back, ready to fall onto his knees before me and I held his shoulders to keep him standing, my voice on the edge of breaking.

"Don't, please."

I didn't let him fall to his knees before me, knowing that sight may snap me in the second it occurred. My hands stayed firm over his shaking shoulders, his chest heaving from crying loudly. I loosened my grip, unable to meet any one's eyes and I spoke softly.

"Suki."

He nodded, stepping forward to take Izuku into his arm and I let go of him, my own knees feeling weak. Katsuki held Izuku while the both of them stayed behind with All Might and I stepped forward, heading towards the entrance. I couldn't hear Kirishima calling after me, I just walked.

"Ka-Kayama."

I didn't say anything, standing with my classmates as they continued to glance at me.

Had they already seen my mother? Did they know what condition she was in? I needed to get to her. I have to be there. I need to be by her side. I-I-I-

A cool hand was placed over my back, gently encouraging me to step out. I couldn't even glance at him, I felt like I couldn't do anything or say a simple word anymore. He stayed silent, not forcing any conversation between us while we stepped forward together.

"Is that Nemuri's daughter? Oh my gosh."

"Look at her, she must be devastated."

I brushed off the public media, holding my arm up to keep my eyes hidden as I took a sharp breath in. We were seated into a car immediately, the driver telling us that we were heading straight to the hospital where our teachers were. I kept my head hung low, staring down numbly at my hands. I heard him thank the driver and his hand moved to hold onto mine. His cool palm pressed to my sweaty, throbbing one, our fingers interlocking together. He squeezed my hand, letting me lean into him while we sat in silence.

"We're here, Miss Kayama and Mister Todoroki."

"Thank you," he bowed in reply, opening the door to pull me out with him.

His hand went over my back, cooling my skin to keep my body temperature at bay. We walked in and he spoke our names to get the room numbers we needed. With a nod, he tugged me close to him and we walked down the hall. We stepped up the stairs, turning the corner to finally arrive at the room where they said she'd be at, Aizawa in the one next to hers. But before we could even fully walk into the hall, a group of doctors ran by us, crowded around a stretcher that they hurriedly took down the hall.

"She's losing more blood by the second, it's almost over."

A simple white sheet was over her body, staining red in seconds and I watched a doctor raise their hand to shut her dull eyes that had been left open when she lost consciousness.

I felt Shoto's hand tighten over mine, his body going tense at the scene that we had just seen seconds earlier before she was taken into another room. That was all it took for my knees to buckle, falling onto the floor as I gasped for air. My hand was suddenly clutching my chest, my heart pounding but I wasn't sure if it was beating or not. I hadn't known I had let out a scream until Shoto embraced me tightly, pulling me to his chest.