WHO THE FUCK ELSE

"I'm here again," I walked in with a soft sigh.

Only two more days left.

"I kind of got upset with creation girl because she doesn't know how great she is and how smart she is, but don't worry, Shoto scolded me for it after and said I shouldn't handle everything with anger. I should have been calmer and more supportive when I was talking to her, but she thanked me before I came here and hugged me while she cried so I'm glad," I rambled on, taking her file into my hands to look over.

Please, wake up.

"I'm sure yo-" I cut myself off, taking a breath in. "I'm not even sure anymore. I always say I'm sure that you'd say this and I'm sure you'd do that, but I'm not sure, I don't know at all because you're not here with me!" I clutched the sheet that was over her still body. "Why aren't you here with me? Was I that bad of a kid that you didn't want to see me become a hero? Am I that bad that you don't want to come back to me? You have to watch me, I'm still growing up, mom!" I cried out, the tears falling all over again. "Just a sign, anything that you're still here, please, I'm begging you," I desperately held her hand that didn't have the needle in it, taking a long look at her shut eyes.

No response.

"I'm sorry, maybe you don't want to deal with this anymore," I let her hand go, sitting down on the stool. "I'm sorry I'm still so selfish. I'm going to let you rest in two days, please forgive me for being selfish even until the end. After that, I'll let you go, I promise, just please," I fell silent, not looking away from her.

I need to cool down.

"I think I should take a little time out to calm myself," I told her, pressing my lips to the back of her smooth hand.

I let go, setting it down on the bed beside her form. With a breath, I opened the door, walking through the hall to leave the hospital.

Just a walk to collect myself.

I stepped out, seeing the sun begin to set and I blew out a breath. It seemed like time was really running out now, I had watched the ink of my signatures dry onto the contract, so there was no way I could go back on this. I had to do what I knew she'd think as best.

Maybe it's better this way.

I blew out a breath, shoving my hands into the pockets of my sweatpants while I walked. I felt the hairs on the back of my neck rise at the eerie silence. With a sigh, I stepped forward anyways, brushing it off. It probably was always this quiet around here, I didn't come out much since I stayed with my mother in her room.

Turning around, I saw no one around the area, blinking in confusion. It still was a hospital, shouldn't there be at least a few people around? I continued to walk around, taking deep breaths and I heard some footsteps, figuring it was finally some people. But as a few seconds passes, it seemed like they were getting louder, trying to imply that they were getting closer. Maybe they were just going to cross the street I happened to be on?

In a flash, I heard a flame ignite behind me and I snapped my head around, my eyes going wide. No one was there, it seemed like they disappeared randomly out of nowhere. How's that even possible? Maybe someone's quirk? I stepped back, going towards where I had been walking, the footsteps around there since they seemed almost directly behind me. I looked around, frowning when I found nothing and no sign of anyone.

I might as well head back.

And in a snap, a flame flickered loudly, crackling into a fire behind me and I turned around quickly. There was now a bright blue fire where I had been originally standing, where I had turned around from to check out the footsteps.