Arrogant Heroes

A hero has a quest of the utmost importance. It must be completed. Along with his journey, he finds a mage covered in black sheets. The hero, arrogant, demands the mage's power to complete his quest. The mage continues watering his flowers. The hero then draws his enchanted sword at the mage, ordering him to either give his power to him or meet the endless void where he shall meet hell's gate. The mage sighed and gave him what he wanted. Not even a fraction given, the hero combusts and explodes. A yellow orb floats above the ashes of the hero's body. The mage grabbed the orb and went underground. He travels the underworld with the soul of the hero. When he meets Death, he asks to return the hero. "He has not done what he must. He must come back to complete it."

Death nods. "I wish I can, but I no longer have a body for him. It's everywhere and rides the wind."

"Then, God will give him new life." 

A child opens his eyes for the first time. He would have a long childhood. He sometimes plays around and pretends to be a hero to save the world from annihilation. Perhaps he would.

The hero was in a rush to complete the quest. He lost so much time on his quest. So, the mage gave him more.