Nicole Gold

Graduation day. I never thought I would be here. But here I am, my white blond hair partially hidden from the graduation cap. My friends around me. My sarcastic dork boyfriend, Connor Stoll, holding my hand.( don't know how old he is. Pretty sure he is younger than Travis so he's the same age as Percabeth) My eyes flutter around the hallway. They land on Percabeth,Percy and Annabeth, as they happily discuss something, with two freshmen, Will and Nico. I smile at them. Percy and Annabeth are rarely happy. They have PTSD, and it's a rare occasion that a smile crosses one of their faces. Just then someone taps my shoulder. I spin around and immediately groan. 

"What do you want, Indigo?" Indigo Abram, valedictorian, smirks at me. The super competitive, intelligent beauty of the school. Reasons I hate her. 1) she beat Annabeth for valedictorian. I say the only reason Annabeth didn't get the role, is because she misses a lot of classes for family issues and camp problems. It's not Annabeth's fault! The girl's a genius! 2) she hit on Percy. She flirted with him, and tried to seduce him. NO WAY BITCH! Percabeth is life! They've been dating for almost two years. You will not break them up! 

" Nothing much," Indigo, flips a strawberry blonde curl. I lean forward to punch her but, Connor tightens his grip on my hand and pulls  me away from the idiot. Connor flips me so I'm facing him and plants a kiss on my cheek. 

"Nic, you know, I'm totally down for pranking Indigo or something, but after graduation." Connor gives me his troublemaker smile. I laugh and plant a small kiss on his lips. Just then Percy and Annabeth approach. 

"Hey, guys. What were Nico and Will telling you about?" Connor asked. 

"That everyone from camp is here," Annabeth smiled. 

"Everyone even Clarisse?"

"Yep. And Mr. D. And Mr. Brunner. And Drew. Everyone," Percy  smirks. Connor's eyes go wide. 

"Alphabetical Order!" screeches our calculus teacher, Mrs. Kerr, a perky woman in her fifties. We wave to the boys as Annabeth and I head up front. When we reach my spot, I give Annabeth a quick hug and hurry in between Giwbel, Harper and Gonor, Mark. 

"And now I present to you the graduating class of 2011!" comes our principal's voice onstage. The line begins to move, filing to the chairs in front of the stage. The cheers grow louder with every step. We all take our seats as the cheering dies down. The principal makes a few statements and then begins calling for graduates. 

"Indigo Valencia Abram." Indigo hurries on stage, making a big deal to show of her valedictorian robes for the crowd. She'll be giving her speech after. A couple more names are called and then,"Annabeth Chase." Percy cheers loud from the row behind me. 

"WISE GIRL!" he screams, pounding his palms together. I laugh, clapping my hands.

"ANNABAE!" a girl shouts from the crowd. Annabeth laughs as she climbs the stairs. I turn around and see half the left side of the auditorium stand up clapping and screaming, besides for one dude in a wheelchair. Annabeth waves to the crowd. Annabeth never acts like this, never taking a share in her accomplishments. 

Annabeth takes the diploma, and shakes the hand of our principal. She looks up at the sky for a second, and mouths something unreadable. Then she crosses the stage, he eyes wide with happiness. 

I'm called next out of our friend group. The moment my name leaves the principal's lips, I stand up and cross the stage. I shake the hand of the principal and take my diploma. I hurry offstage to find Annabeth, out of alphabetical order, waiting to embrace me.  We wait together, waiting to here Percy's name. 

"Perseus Jackson." I turn to wear Percy sits, phased my the sound of his full name. When he realizes what happened he stands up, and jogs on stage. The applause grows, weird nicknames being shouted from the crowd. Percy takes the diploma from the principal and then turns to the crowd, and spreads his arms. A few people look extremely confused. But half the auditorium stands up and cheers. I turn to Annabeth. She's clapping her hands, a tear on the verge of falling down her face. 

"Are you okay?" I ask. She turns to me, a smile on her face, but a tear trickling down it. 

"Sorry. It's just that in Percy and my family's, not a lot of people get to make it through graduation, to see adulthood. I'm sure as hell, people hoped, but didn't believe Percy and I would be here today."

Percy exits the stage and throws his arms around Annabeth. They are grinning like a pair Cheshire cats, laughing like it could be their last laugh. Annabeth kisses him. My heart may die a little. I mean, hello Percabeth for life? Annabeth whispers something to him, which causes Percy to hug her even tighter. And as I wait, for my boyfriend to be  called, I realize as much as I know about my friends there are things I don't and won't ever know. 

"Connor Stoll." The name shakes me out of my trance. The cheers are back again as Connor crosses the stage. A grin on his face he turns to me, and runs. I throw my arms around him and our lips touch. I pull away, smiling at him. The graduation ceremony finishes and then Indigo goes back up on stage, ready to begin her speech. 

"Hello! I am Indigo Abram the first graduate you witnessed to cross the stage, and certainly the most accomplished. The best of the 2011 class, is " I roll my eyes and turn to Connor. He pulls a walkie talkie out of his graduation robes and says a few quick words. And then... 

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!" comes Indigo's scream. And her protests. And yells for the police. I put a hand to my mouth to keep from laughing. Connor is smiling a troublemaker smile, a Percy and Annabeth smile, looking at him and the scene on stage. 

Indigo Abram, with her customized graduation outfit,  strawberry blond waves, is covered in green slime from head to toe. No one else got remotely slimed. It takes the teachers a moment to access what happened, until one of them comes running back stage, yelling, "STOLL!" 

Connor kisses me quickly, says, "Bye, take care, buh-bye now" and then runs away, leaving me laughing, and phased. Percy and Annabeth are laughing hysterically. I smile over at them. This will be a graduation I will remember forever. 

I love this character so much! She will definitely be making another appearance in an other meet. This character was inspired by OmqImYourRoyal. Thank you so much!

Av