Chapter XXVII

Chapter XVII

I have lived a short life. Eighteen years in not even half what life is all about. Some people say that life starts at twenty-one but for me, life begins when you begin to realize its value. When you discovered that life is too short and you have little time to make the most of it, time will fly fast and then things will start to become complicated. Things will not go according to your will and you can't do anything to change it.

But doesn't mean that it's final. That is not the end. You can fight for what you believe in. You can fight for what you want and what you deserve. If you want something, go for it. If you want to hold onto someone, don't give them up. Fight for them.

I moved my finger and slowly moved my eyes. When I opened my eyes, the light consumed me. I have to close my eyes once again to adjust. I did it for a couple of times before my vision adjusted.

I sensed a slight movement beside me.Tumingin ako kung saan nanggagaling ang presensya. I saw Zack beside my bed. Inobserbahan ko ang paligid. The walls of the rooms is colored green. My bed looks like that of the hospitals. There's an unused oxygen tank beside my bed. I saw a sofa where Zack's parent are silently seated.

"Paige..." I looked at Zack looks very worried.

I held my stomach when I realized what happened. The pain is gone now but my heart is in ache. I don't know what happened to me and to my children!

"Zack, our babies... Are they fine?" I asked even though I am scared to hear a bad news from him. I am hoping that he would say 'yes'.

Hindi sinagot ni Zack ang aking tanong, sa halip ay hinawakan niya ang aking kamay. Mas natakot ako sa ikinilos niya at nagsimulang lumakas ang tibok ng puso ko. Tila nagwawala na ito at gusto ng lumabas dahil sa takot at pag-aaalala.

"Zack, answer me, please!" I pleaded.

He looked at me and from the look in his face, he looks very hesitant. It's like he is contemplating whether to tell me the truth or just remain silent. But I won't accept his silence! He needs to tell me what happened to our children. I want to know if they are fine. If he won't answer my inquiries about my babies then I will ask the doctors. Even if I have to drag myself out of this hospital bed, I will!

"Shh, Paige. Rest for now." he said with his soothing voice. But what he said didn't calmed me. In fact, it made me feel worse. Why won't he answer my question?

"Zack, please." tears started to form in my eyes. I won't be able to bear anything if he will tell me something bad. I don't want to lose my children! I love them and it will kill me if Zack will say something bad.

Zack was about to say something when a woman in white come inside the room.

"Dra. Vazquez, I want to know the condition of my babies."

Lumapit sa aking kama si Dra. Vasquez, kasunod niya ang Mama at Papa ni Zack. Ngumiti ng bahagya ang doctor kung kaya bahagya akong kumalma.

"Mrs. Pascual, your babies are fine... for now." she said. "Because of stress, your babies' life were in danger. You and your children are currently in a critical condition."

I sighed in relief. Akala ko ay nangyaring masama sa aking mga anak.

"I will recommend you some medicines, vitamins and milks that you will take in order for you to regain your strength and to make sure that the babies will also recover from what happened. I suggest that you bedrest for a few weeks. A walk in the afternoon as an alternative to exercise is also advisable. Iwas ka muna sa stress at isipin, Mommy." sabi pa ng doctor.

Tumingin si Dra. Vasquez kay Zack.

"Mr. Pascual, it will very helpful if you will accompany Mrs. Pascual everytime. Kailangan niya ng bantay dahil hindi pa sila stable ng mga babies. Help her to avoid stress. This is critical for them."

"Yes, doc. Thank you so much." Zack said while firmly holding my hand.

I stayed in the hospital for that night. After that, we head back to the resort. Zack and his parents thinks that it's best for me to stay in the resort for a little. They are thinking that the nature will be a big help for me to immediately recover. Iyon din ang sabi ni Dra. Vasquez.

Nang makarating kami sa resort ay sinalubong kami nina Ate Stella, Clinton at Alexa. I hugged all of them because they really look worried. Especially Alexa. I think she is blaming herself for what happed but I assured her that she has nothing to do with.

"I'm really sorry, Paige." Alexa said in an apologetic voice.

"It's no one's fault, Alexa. Don't stress yourself. Masama din iyon para sa baby mo." I said and then I held her hand to assure her that it's alright.

"Ikaw? Are you okay? I know that you've been just as stress as I am." I asked.

"I'm more fine compare to you." she said. She looks sad and her eyes are still swell. It's obvious that she's been crying for a little while now.

"Everything's going to be okay." hinawakan ko ang kanyang kamay at ngumiti sa kanya. "I know that it's my business to handle, but I want to tell you that Clinton loves your child. I have talked to him and you know what? When I talked about the baby in your womb? He looked so happy and concern. I know that he will be a good father to your child."

"Thank you. I know now why Clinton fell for you and why Zack is now badly smitten." she smiled at me.

"Zack is not badly smitten." I said.

She laughed at me like I sound so ridiculous. Her eyes even shed some tears because she's laughing so hard. I don't find anything funny. Her beautiful face lightened and she became even prettier.

"You're so naïve. Hindi pa ba halatang baliw na baliw sayo si Zack?" she said in her conyo voice. Umiling ako sa kanya.

"He used me, remember?" I said to her.

She sighed at what I have said. "We are not perfect and sometimes, we tend to let our emotions win over our rationality. Kapag nasasaktan tayo, madalas nakakalimutan natin kung sino tayo. But as his wife, as his partner and as the mother of your children, you, of all people, should be the first to understand." she said.

I admire her for her wisdom and deep thoughts. She's right. I should understand that Zack has flaws and he is not perfect like how I am not. We all made mistakes. I'm glad that I have gained insight, thanks to Alexa.