Ch.28

Kristoff's POV

Jack trembles on the ground, probably fighting with pitch inside his head. I sling jack over my shoulder, hoping pitch to won't take over so I don't have to deal with that.

Leaving William with Elsa, anna and I ride Sven to the trolls, jack on the back, mumbling things to himself while plugging his ears.

When we reach the trolls, I hop down, help anna, and grab jack. Dragging him across he ground, I show him to the trolls.

"He's possessed." I explain.

They take the smokey spirit out of his head and change it to the form of a piece of wood. A fire is started, and the remains of pitch are thrown in, never to be seen again.

Jack lays lifelessly looking on the ground. He stirs, and sits up. We all look at him expectantly. His hair changes back to white, his eyes blue. The hints of brown in his eyes return as well as the streak of brown in his hair. He's back.

"Elsa" he says, his eyes getting wide. He takes off,

Flying back to the castle. Anna and I thank the trolls, then mount Sven to go home.

Elsa's POV

I put William down to bed and head back to my room. I crawl back into bed. Where are they? What did they do to jack?

I see a figure emerge in my doorway. The hair lets me know it's jack. He comes into my room and looks at me, but I can't tell if he's normal again or not. His hair and eyes look normal, but is he really the jack I know?

He runs across the room to me and I start to move, knowing he's not back. Then he presses his mouth to mine. He's back. He's here, he remembers, and he's mine.

When we pull away, he says, "Elsa. You have no idea how sorry I am."

I just shake my head and smile, tears of happiness falling down my face. Jack pushes me to arms length and looks down.

"Wow" he says. "That little belly isn't looking so little anymore" we laugh and hold eachother close. "I'll never lose you again." Jack says.

"I'll never let you go." I say.

We fall asleep in each others arms.

Anna's POV

I wake up to William fussing. Walking over to his cradle, I pick him up. I feel like I've been through a lot, but then I look at will. He's been through just as much as the rest of us, and he's just a baby!

Rocking him gently, Kristoff gets up.

"My turn." He says.

"You don't have to" I say.

"But I want to," he tells me.

I can't argue with that. I go back to bed, and wake up a few hours later to the sun streaming through the window, and Kristoff sitting in the rocking chair with William, fast asleep. I laugh and let them rest, heading downstairs.

Elsa and jack join me soon after, hands intertwined. I don't think they've been anything less than at least touching since we got back.

Kristoff and I checked on them before going to bed last night, and they were holding eachother so close, it was shocking they could breathe. I receive a letter from rapunzel and Eugene that they'll be coming to visit in a week.

Jacks POV

Elsa and I are in our room, making decorations for the nursery. Why Kristoff and anna didn't want one for William, I'll never understand. The nursery will just be off of our room.

I look over to Elsa, who is sewing a comforter. She looks stressed and tired. She needs a vacation. "

"Elsa," I say.

"What?" She asks, looking up.

"Let's go to the ice castle!" I exclaim.

Elsa gets a look of concern on her face. "I don't know jack" she says. "It might not be good for the baby, and we still have lots of decorating to do, and rapunzel and Eugene and Coralynn are coming to visit, and-"

"it can be an overnight thing" I say.

She can't say she has something super important going on in the middle of the night, so I know I have her trapped. She glares at me.

"Don't think I don't know what you just did there" she says, then sighs. "Fine."