Restarting

It didn't take Chara long to snap out of his insane phase, but he snapped out of it too late. In his arms was a dead Y/N, knives sticking out from her back like she was a pin cushion. Chara was horrified to see what he had done to his one and only love. He nuzzled Y/N's shoulder before starting to silently cry. For once in the 992 RESETs did Chara do a Genocide. And he hated himself for it with every inch of his being.

You can bring her back...

"No I can't....." Chara mumbled to the voice.

You can. At least, I can but for a price...

"Go away Mettacrit...." Chara glanced up, glaring at the ghost.

Aww you hurt me Chara! And here I'm just trying to be nice. That's all I've done for you! I made it so Frisk wouldn't fall but instead Y/N and what do you do? Mass murder the entire underground, minus Boogie...

"I said go away," Chara started to get a little annoyed.

How about this. You shake my hand and I'll make it so Boogie RESETs. I won't take your soul buuuuut there will be a cost. Don't worry it won't involve you too much~ Mettacrit offered their hand to Chara, grinning calmly. They knew Chara would have to take it unless he wanted to surround himself with dust and a dead body.

"......... fine," Chara huffed as he took the ghost's hand. Mettacrit grin widened, making Chara almost instantly regret making the deal.

Then be right back~ Mettacrit floated off quickly, leaving Chara alone. Chara frowned as he nuzzled Y/N again. 

"Do not worry Princess.... I know how to protect you this time. And I refuse to kill you again... I promise," Chara vowed as everything went black immediately. Chara knew that this meant a RESET. He never felt so happy to see a RESET happening than he did now. He soon plopped on his bed covered in flowers.

Chara hugged himself, smiling. His LV was back to 1. Y/N would return. His family was alive. Chara knew he had to make this right again as he teleported to the Ruins door.

Welcome to the 2nd RESET readers...