RESET 3 - The Barrier

Your POV , long after the fight

You woke up to the smell of buttercups and hotdogs. You groaned slightly as you sat up. In front of you sat a skeleton in a big blue cloak wearing a golden crown and Chara, both sitting cross-legged and eating hotdogs.

Chara was the first to notice. "Oh, hello there pretty princess!"

"You must be... Y/N, yes? Chara here was telling me all about you," the skeleton questioned. "I must thank you for the seventh soul. We broke the barrier because of you."

"Seventh... soul...? What are you talking about?" You asked.

"Chara here told me that you fought off a human that was killing off some of the monsters and eventually got its soul, but then passed out. It was rather heroic of him to bring you both to me. I healed you up though," the skeleton answered.

"They did hit you pretty hard on the head..." Chara jumped in. "Are you okay? I mean, I know King Sans here healed you and all but still..."

"I mean... I do have a massive headache but... that's it....." You rubbed your forehead. You felt like you were forgetting something important... someone...

The skeleton interrupted your thought process. "I never knew me sparing Chara the day they fell down would lead to our freedom... you must thank your mother for me.

"Eh heh heh... I... can't," Chara awkwardly chuckled. "That human got them..."

"Oh..." the skeleton frowned.

"Who...?" You dared to ask.

"Toriel, the royal guard captain? Also me and Asriel's mother?" Chara questioned. "You dint remember her?"

"I can't remember a lot of things....." You mumbled.

The skeleton sighed. "Well, we never met so you obviously don't remember me, so let me introduce myself. I'm Sans, the King of the Underground."

"Y/N... Y/N L/-" You paused mid-sentence. You forgotten your last name... what was it?

"You ok Y/N?" Chara asked.

"I've forgotten my own last name....." Your voice trailed off. 

"Shame. I bet it was nice," Sans commented. "Anyways we have a barrier to break people! Let's go!" With that, Sans had poofed. Chara got up and offered you his hand, which you took, before getting teleported into a room. In front of you stood a glowing wall of some sorts. It reminded you of a mirror.

You couldn't help but feel something was... off the entire time.