Chapter Twenty Nine - A bullet wound worth fighting

ℙ𝔸ℝ𝕋 𝕏𝕏𝕀𝕏

"𝚈𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚘𝚠𝚜 𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚗, 𝙸 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗 𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 𝚖𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚊 𝚠𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚊𝚕𝚕

 𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎'𝚜 𝚗𝚘 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚙𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚞𝚜 𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚗𝚘𝚠"

𝒞𝓁𝒶𝓇𝓀𝑒'𝓈 𝒫𝒪𝒱 - Edited

It was as if a black void filled my soul, I could hear the people who loved me, the people I trusted, and the man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. However, as much as I tried I couldn't find the strength to pull myself together. As my body grew weaker and weaker, I cried out for help to the people around me to pull me back. I wasn't over fighting for my life, but I was sick of being in this void of nothing but pain. Reliving the worst memories of my life, nothing felt worse than for the people who finally cared to move on, and that's what I was afraid of. 

I wanted to tell the boys I cherished them, and to hug Blake's sister like my life depended on it. From the very beginning I was weary of who Blake was, and what he was apart of. However, as I grew to know him and the rest of his family.. I grew to love them like my own as well. It had seemed like hours, maybe weeks since I had my eyes opened to the world. But at least I knew that everyone still cared, as I listened day in and day out to the voices I loved. This gave me a fighting chance, I wanted to open my eyes for them, I wanted to be there, and I knew I couldn't miss another day of it. 

If I was to look back to the beginning of this story, I'd tell you you're a fool for thinking I'd make it out alive, and I was right in a way. But I'm here aren't I, and well I may have found the perfect match for me. As my mind ran through everything that had happened, I thought hard and long on how I was going to show them all I was still with them. 

'Godammit Clarke open your bloody eyes' I screamed over and over inside my mind. I could feel the oddest of sensation as my body screamed to finally move, and who knows how long it actually took for me to do it. But I know for a fact that I finally to the one thing I set my mind to. 

I gulped for fresh air, just like you would if you couldn't breath and for the first time my eyes opened in a dazed state of familiarity. If I was to explain it, I would say it was as if you were being reborn, but in a way you'd be screaming as you rose from hell.. But I'm just being dramatic, that was my forte now these days. 

 As I sat up in my bed, just like a crazed person coming back to life would in a morgue, this seemed to scare the living day lights out of everyone in the room. We'll more specifically Jarod, as he stumbled back into the chair he had stood up from only moments ago. 

I looked over to him, and he was in complete shock. In a way I felt bad, but I knew deep down inside it was good to be back. I couldn't tell you how happy it made me feel to actually scare him like a usually would. I coughed a little as I giggled at his reaction. Jarod jumped from his chair rushing back to my side, with a shocked expression. 

"Holy moly she's alive" This made me laugh even more, but I slapped his arm to stop as I felt a pain radiate up my body from my bullet wound. 

Jarod quietened down and smiled widely. "You know who's gonna freak out when he finds out your awake" I smiled shyly thinking of Blake. 

"Of course the one and only " this made me smile wide just thinking about him. "Though you tell him Bullets fucking hurt.. If I get shot again, I won't hesitate not to shoot anyone else after" Jarod broke out into a laughter, but quickly composed himself.