It's K O O K I E

"One Espresso and one cappuccino at table 35 and 3 cafe latte at table 7."

"Good work Jisoo. You are doing very well." Minnie praised me while writing the order I gave.

"Minnie your kookie has arrived." Jade, one of the staff shouted while bringing the empty cups on a tray.

"Do we sell cookies too?" Minnie laughed at my question.

"It's K O O K I E which is a nick name I gave to one of our customer. Here take this. It's table 35's order and 7's will be ready in just 2 minutes. I will be preparing Latte for kookie. Now go."

"Okay."

Work does not seem like work when you enjoy it. It's been a week since I started working and I enjoyed every second of it. Working with Minnie, Jade, Jonny, Lucy, Emma and many other staffs gave me pleasure of happiness. They have become my second family. I have analyzed quite a few things in my working days. For the staffs, customers are like their own part of family. Especially for Minnie, she has different kind of relationship connected with each customer. But she is biased more over one particular customer to whom she gave a nick name, KOOKIE. She never prepares any order except for him and only she presents the order even if the coffee shop is packed. I asked Minnie, if she was personally related to the customer but she said it was more than that. She said he was like her own son.

It was my eighth day at work and I was leaning on to Minnie while she was entering some bills in a computer.

"You seem bored. Don't you like working here?"

"Nah Minnie.. I am in love with this place and specially you. I love working here."

"But I see your face sulking. Aren't you feeling well?"

"I was thinking about my career. My first photo shoot was cancelled. It was quiet a bad start and haven't been offered since then. Charlie, my manager who is also Dave's friend has gone to his hometown today to visit his wife. I hope his wife is all good. He said she was not feeling well."

"Such a beautiful face with worried expression, it does not suit you. Cheer up."

"Minnie, Kookies have arrived." Lucy passed by us and headed towards locker room. It was already 8 pm which means her working time has finished for today.

"How many?" Minnie replied with sparkling eyes.

"All of them."

"Let's get back to work, darling. Haven't seen them for a long time."

Minnie stood up from the chair and started creating art. I mean preparing coffee is also a type of art.

"Now, what does it mean by Kookies, Minnie?"

"Kookie and his friends."

"Wah.... you sure do love this special person called Kookie. Never seen you prepare coffee except for him and his friends."

"I can make it for you too."

"See you tomorrow Jisoo" Our conversation was interrupted by Lucy. "And Minnie, there were 4 miss calls on your phone. The number belongs to your son's school." Lucy along with Jonny and Jade left the coffee shop as they all had evening classes to attend.

Minnie hurriedly went to locker room to grab her phone. About a minute later she came back carrying her hand bag after changing her dress with horrendous expression.

"You are leaving?"

"Carter got into a fight at school and he has been taken to a hospital. So, I have to go immediately." I took her trembling hands.