I saw the devil

Fingers frozen, eyes stuck to the phone screen, mouth wide open and the pace of heartbeat being uneven while brain wasn't working. What does he mean by 6 dates with him? And what's about the offer? I know he isn't trying to blackmail me coz he said that I don't have to return him the money.

My mind started thinking about different situation for him to send me such message.

Scenario 1: A Drunken text: But he was talking normally some moments ago.

Scenario 2: A wrong message: But it really seems like his offer he was talking about.

Scenario 3: Joking around: It's not something to joke about and he wasn't a teenage boy.

Scenario 4: Coz he likes me?: That could not be. He asked for a specific number of dates.

Before I could think of any other scenarios, a message plopped up in my phone.

JK: We will talk tomorrow. Go to sleep.

We would talk about what, JK? And GO TO SLEEP; how will I be able to sleep after receiving such message which is like a breaking news? I am sure that I will be having a dark circles tomorrow and guess what; it turn out to be true.

A dark circle could be hidden using make up but how am I going to suppress my tensed expression and Minnie was the one who pointed out my unusual behavior.

"Is something happening to you these days, Jisoo? You don't seem yourself. Your body is here but mind, it's somewhere else. You can tell me, dear. I may not be able to help you with your problems but a good listener is a great aid."

She was right but to tell her everything, I should first understand it myself and the real thing is; it wasn't a problem.

"It's nothing, Minnie. Well I am just..." I was cut off in between my words.

"Good Morning, Minnie." My eyes widen looking at the person who just entered the coffee shop wearing black & white striped shirt paired with black ripped jeans. Usually he would just walk to the table where he and his friends habitually sit but this time he walked to the counter instead.

"Good morning, Kookie. Are you staying for coffee or run like yesterday? Jisoo, did you meet him yesterday? He just asked for you and went away ignoring the coffee I made. Weird, he never had left the coffee I made before."

I just nodded my head in response.

"I need to borrow Jisoo for a while. Is it alright for her if we go out for some time?" JK questioned grasping both of our attention.

"Alright." Minnie answered with a crooked smile.

They both didn't ask what I wanted but my legs still followed JK to the nearest park. We both didn't utter a word until we reached. After comfortably placing ourselves in a bench made up of metal under a huge tree, he took out his phone and increased the brightness.

"Come little bit closer. I have to show you something."

He pulled my hand gesturing me to sit closer.

Is he a kind of detective who wants to interview or ask regarding any cases? But what does it have to do with yesterday's conversation? Ignoring his touch on my hand, I thought of his behavior.

I was quiet flabbergasted as well as suspected on his identity when he showed me pictures of beautiful girls on his phone. Or is he a serial killer who kills girls, for nothing. I suddenly remember that even though I was fond of the movie called 'I saw the devil', I hated the psychopathic murderer.

I got up from the chair when I realized that there was no one near us and I forgot to carry my phone too.

"What happened to you?"

"Amm.. Nothing. Who are the girls and why are you showing me their pictures?" I kept about  a foot distance between us and asked him. Even though he looks a bit frightening, I thought he was a decent guy.

"I am here to explain the thing I told you yesterday. Well, these girls are suggested by my friends' girlfriend for me to date and I am not ready to be into a relationship or interested to go out with anyone of them."

"So, what's the problem? Just say no." I told him the fact.

"Jisoo, I am doing the same since last 6 months and the result is worst. Let me give you an example. You know Jin right? His girlfriend would not go out with him unless he makes me go out with one of her friends. You know this thing called double date and the similar situation applies to my other friends also. I don't know why but my friend's girlfriend wants to see me date someone."

"That's so immature."

"Right. But who would tell them? My friends love them so much and also scared to utter a word against them." I sat beside him after hearing his words.

"So, what will you do now?" Placing my palms over my knees, I looked at his sad face.

"You have to play a big role. You have to help me out."

"An how could I help you in this?"

"Remember 6 dates? You have to act as my girlfriend in front of my friend and their lovers. In that way my friends will be happy and also they won't send me pictures of random girls in every other minute."

"That's such a lame solution."

"Care to advise then." He backfired rudely at me like it happened to him because of me. He must have become frustrated for real.

"Why do you think I should help you? Go find other girls. I cannot do this." That's so childish thing to ask for.

"Hey, I have no other choice anymore and beside that I can't think of anyone else except you to ask for."

We were raising our voices and acting as if two lovers were fighting cutely for a small thing. Did I just use We, Lover and Cute in a same sentence? Wait, am I already agreeing for this stupid thing?

"What? Me? Why?"

"You are pretty, intelligent and perfect for a show off." It seemed as if he wasn't joking at all. Does he think like that about me? He thinks that I am intelligent?

I sighed heavily.

"You really think that there is no other solution."

He shook his head while looking at me with a puppy face. I wonder why he doesn't want to hang out with those girls.

"Are you gay?"

"WHAT? NO"

"The girls are really pretty in the pictures and may be more beautiful in real person too. So, i just thought that you weren't interested in girls. Sorry for the inappropriate question." I wanted to laugh at myself as JK looked embarrassed after hearing my question.

"Told you before that I am not ready. Don't think of unnecessary things and help me out."

"Ahh....so tiresome. Wait, rather than going 6 different dates, can't we just all meet up at once. It would be easy for you, isn't it?"

"I have thought about that but when a bunch of girls are against one, it would be hard to cover up the untruth."

"Alright, alright. I will help you but not as accepting it as an offer. I am helping you as a friend?" I questioned him raising one of my eyebrows to which he replied by smiling. "And I still owe you that $700. Is that clear, JK?"

"It's Jungkook. My real name is Jungkook. At least you should know that."

💛💜