Asia's Golden Boy

A turning point in the story. Enjoy the shortest chapter till date.

Sitting in the couch crossing my leg, I waited for my manager to speak who was maybe deciding how to start the conversation.

"Where is Maya? Taking rest?"

Hoping that he would kill my curiosity, I spoke first to make him understand that I was ready to listen.

"May be. She is inside the room."

I just nodded my head and looked around my own house.

"Seeing you getting closer towards the guy named Jungkook, I can't help but tell you what I have found out about him. The day I saw him with you at the hospital, I felt as if he was someone I know. It seemed like his face matched with someone familiar. So, I used all sources to find out about him."

"You did?"

Does my manager have taken special training like investigator? Something like CID thing, a Korean version of Sherlock Holmes. Oops, my mind should stop fooling around when I am having a serious conversation.

"I had too. It's not that I don't want you to hang around with him but I need to protect you. Not only as your manager but as your brother too."

I know he is protective towards me but not to the extent that he would collect information on someone I hang around with.

"I won't accept that it was your fine decision to go through someone's past, invading the privacy but still I want to listen to what you have to say."

He sighed before talking.

"I also didn't want to but could not help it. You keep calling him JK but do you know that his actual name is Jungkook?"

"He told me about that and what's with his name?"

"I just thought he was someone familiar to me but he was familiar to the whole world. If you don't believe me then you can just Google his real name."

Familiar to the whole world? Do I not live in the same world? How come his face is very much new to me?

"Did he tell you that he is an ex-idol? Looking at your face, I can assume that you know nothing about it. He debuted as solo member about 4 years ago and immediately kissed the fame. He received many awards in short period of time and was the favorite of every media. The stocks of his company from where he debuted skyrocketed and was also named Asia's Golden boy. (LOL.. modified his original title of Golden Maknae). His every song charted as number one in all music category. I even heard that he was offered some roles in dramas before his retirement from the entertainment industry."

"Retirement?"

"Just after 8 months from his debut. The news just came up and he & his company never told the reason to the media. Many speculations were printed on the newspaper and posted online. Many bad things were written about Jungkook, but he didn't publish any statement regarding the matter. He disappeared since then and never came back in the limelight."

So, he used to be an idol, a famous one. I can recognize some actors and actresses in the industry but towards the music category, I only know G-dragon.

"Charlie?"

"Yes, Jisoo."

"Is there something wrong with hanging around an ex-idol and his friends?"

My voice sounded sad.

"Jisoo, you still don't understand me."

"Then MAKE ME." I almost yelled at Charlie.