Truth or Lie

How would you feel when you are walking alone down the street around mid-night while listening your favorite song through a super cool invention called ear-phone, thinking about your past, present and future; and suddenly at once a dark figure appears in front of you wearing a big hoodie hiding his facen? Probably Scared? But I wasn't scared. I felt like rather than dying peacefully in my bed when my skin gets wrinkles with grey hair, hands being held by my grand children and my beloved husband sitting by my side whispering sweet things in my ear; I will be taking my last breathe in the cold street where even my last wish won't be heard by anyone.

"Oh my God

"Oh my God. Who are you? What do you want?" I fell backwards and landed on my butt.

The person who was standing in front of me who I thought was my killer or may be a robber or in supernatural world, a ghost offered his hand for help.

"Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you at all." He showed his face.

"Ah. It's you. I almost died because of you. Literally, my heart came in my mouth when you appeared in front of me. I thought I was going to die today. Oh my God. Please give me a couple of minute. Look at my hands. I am still shivering." I sat on the cold floor for like a minute composing my heartbeat while he waited for me to stand up.

A minute passed and when I tried standing up on my feet, my knees felt weak. I almost fell back on my butt again but a strong hand held my waist.

"Are you okay?"

"I am. It must be the cold floor which made my legs numb. So, why were you trying to give me a heart attack? I mean the reason for you to cross my way like that."

I felt his hands leaving my waist and putting it inside his pockets.

"I heard you talking on the phone. Was it Minnie?"

Would it be okay if I tell JK about Minnie's reason for suddenly leaving the coffee shop? Well she knows him and said she loves him like his son and is more like a family to her. It would not be wrong telling him the truth.

"Carter fractured his leg at school and is taken to hospital. Minnie got a call from the school and she left as soon as she found out which was right after you and your friends arrived. When I called her she said that Carter should be admitted at the hospital for may be a week. "

"And Cameron?"

"She said he was leaving with her sister. I forgot her name."

"It's Millie."

"Ah yes, Millie."

He remained quiet for some time and fiddled his keys around his fingers.

"What's your name, Danny's ex model?"

The way he called me made me furious but looking at his face it didn't seem like he was mocking me.