Gone Girl

Author's POV

The last time Jisoo saw him was three days before and yet she did not get the chance to appreciate his help as he hadn't visited the coffee shop. With each passing day, Jisoo started getting impatient and sad too. But today she decided to do something, something that made her hesitant at first and needed a lot of courage. Even after getting JK's number from Minnie, she was in dilemma whether she should call him or not. It was 2 in the afternoon and it was a lunch break for Jisoo. Sitting in a small chair with a warm spicy noodle in front of her, she continued glancing at her phone placed beside the bowl. Rather that picking up the fork, her fingers tip toed towards the phone.

Her eyes were shut until the call was received.

"Hello?"

"Hello." A rasping voice replied.

"Is this JK?"

"Unfortunately no, It's V." Jisoo was confused and could not reply. She asked Minnie for JK's number not of his friend, V. She looked at the phone screen and the call was still going on. Placing the phone closely towards her ear, she waited for a particular voice.

"Hey JK, your phone." V was the one who picked up JK's phone.

"What about my phone?" She could hear his voice echoing from a distant.

"There is a call."

"A call?"

"Yes, from a girl."

"Girl? Who?" His voice was getting closer.

She could hear the howling sound from his friends which made her more flustered.

"Hello? Hey, guys keep your voice down for a bit. I could not hear a thing because of your noises." JK was breathing heavily on the other side.

All she had planned to say was to ask him for a dinner and thank him for what he did but it felt as if her voice was stolen suddenly. She was taken aback when a waiter reminded that her noodle was getting cold.

"Sorry." It was a reply to the waiter but JK thought it was for him.

"Don't over exaggerate the situation guys. She just called a wrong number." He almost ended the call but V stopped him by reminding him that the girl specifically asked for his name earlier.

"To whomever I am talking to right now, I would like to notify you that I ran from the corner of a football ground leaving the match in between just to know what you have to say to me. I can wait but my team mates are getting furious. They are staring at me right now in a weird way."

"Sorry, I called you in a bad timing." Jisoo finally opened her mouth and the first thing she did was apologize.

"By the way who is this?"

"It's me, Jisoo."

"OH. Oh, yes Jisoo." JK compressed his surprised tone.

"Do you have a free time this evening? I mean if it's okay for you then can we meet up this evening, for dinner maybe?" She bit her lip nervously and the nervousness was sensed by JK after hearing her trembling voice.

"Miss. Jisoo, are you asking me out on a date?" He spoke that statement to be heard by the person he was talking to as a joke but coincidently his friends heard it too and also Jisoo took it seriously.

"NO, I didn't mean like that. I just want to meet you and thank you in person." Her whining sound made him laugh which caught all of his friend's attention.

Jisoo ended the call without hearing what JK has to say, paid for the noodles and left the restaurant in an empty stomach. Her phone was ringing but she didn't receive his call due to embarrassment.