|Chapter 28|

|Dalton|

"So it seems The Moons had hacked three cameras in which one had the picture of the werewolves, we have the tech in custody." My dad said as I put another chip in my mouth and gazed off ahead as we sat in the pack house.

A large wooden house with the fireplace burning in the main room. Numerous things hung overhead. 'Some heads of animals caught by other Ashford's, diplomas from the years, and awards, as well as paintings.' Anything any Ashford might of seen important for the pack house they put.

The most haunting one was an old portrait from when Black Crescent Moon was created. With Darcia and Daniel Ashford, the creators of Black Crescent Moon in the painting. Something that had been here since this was just rubble in the days of when the pack was first ever formed.

Darcia had haunting light blue eyes with a soft expression in them as she sat next to her mate Daniel. His eyes were a much deeper blue showing the raw alpha within. They both had hair like ink and a distinct mark on both of their necks which created the name of the pack.

'They have a good story to them, Darcia being an omega whom rose to the alpha ranks while Daniel was born alpha.' Darcia was the only female of her pack after the Luna died. And back then mates were a pretty weird and foreign concept. But it was established.

And she became Daniel's mate and gave him seven kids I believe as well as helped establish the pack. The marks they had were black crescents. And the moon came later in the pack throughout the wolves that ruled Black Crescent and then it became Black Crescent Moon pack.

That painting still hung and was vowed never to take down. So I turned my gaze back to my dad who stood there looking at the files. "We'll be interrogating this tech and seeing what we can get out of him." My dad said. 'Hopefully we get some good things from this tech and advance into the next area.'

I nodded at that. "Any info on the werewolves that were turned and where they could be?" I asked. "No, but we believe they ran back to Lucian to deliver some information to them, so we have a next step in plan." My dad said and I nodded.

'A next step in the plan is always the way to go so we aren't steps behind.' I nodded at that. "So what's the next step in the plan?" I asked. "We're looking for Lucian and going right to the source of the problem not dancing on the other lines." My dad said.

'A plan that Isabella will indeed like since that's what she has been planning to do.' Going straight to the point. Something Isabella was planning to excel in so she wasn't dancing circles around the ring master trying to get to him while he smiles and pulls the strings.

"We are searching everywhere for any hint on where he could be. So we'll just have to sit tight for the time being." My dad said and I frowned just a bit. Sure I was fine with that. Patience was a virtue, and something I learned well over the years.

But Isabella? 'She may not be to pleased at having to wait to catch that bastard for sure.' I nodded. But I guess I would be a bit pleased that we were making progress. So biting my lip I got up and left the room into the cabin pack house.

"So how is it going in there?" Kadan asked leaning against the wall. "Alright, they got some good things and will be interrogating The Moons pack tech that hacked the cameras." I said and Kadan nodded at that. "Sounds interesting, what about those turned werewolves?" Kadan asked.

"No sign, my dad thinks they ran back to Lucian. After we track him down we're going in, but the catch is tracking him down. It seems those Corbin bastards are good at staying off the grid." I said. 'Yeah way off the grid for centuries and living with none of us even knowing.'