Chapter 6

Clara

"You can as well give up on your relationship now because if Luca has decided he wants to fuck you, he won't stop until he gets between those pretty long legs of yours." His words cut through me like a knife. I blink a couple of times, letting the words sink in. Why is he being like this? I was expecting him to help me figure a way out of this, but he acts as if I asked for this to happen to me. A few seconds ago he was comforting me and now his words feel like arrows in my heart.

"There's no need to put it like this, Gael. I didn't ask for this future. I am trying to fucking change it." I tell him feeling hurt by his reaction.

He doesn't say anything else. He just walks away, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

They say nothing is more scary than not knowing what is going to happen to you, how your life will turn up, but nobody thinks about how it feels to see the future and not be able to change it. I feel helpless, like a puppet that just dances around through her own life. I feel like my life is not my own, like my decisions are not my own. I've always tried changing the future I see, but somehow I always failed miserably at it.

But that won't stop me from trying, even though it's so damn hard to resist his charms. The vision replaying in my mind only adds more fuel to the fire that will be my doom. Damn, that man can make his way into any woman's heart and the Gods have chosen me as his next victim.

I need to stay away from him for as much as I can. It's going to be quite difficult, given the fact that his classroom is next to mine, but I need to be strong.

I can't be with him. I will loose my mind for good. I can't let my visions take over again.

As I walk back to my class, I see him waiting for me by my classroom door.

"You know, there's a winter solstice party being planned by the institute. Everybody must attend." He says with his signature smirk, while his eyes travel up and down my body, making me feel hot all of the sudden.

"And I need to know this why?" I ask him with a bit of sass in my voice, trying to appear unaffected by his charms.

"Because you were not there when they discussed it. Wear something pretty." He winks at me and enters his room.

Damn him! How can he say such a thing to me? He is so frustrating.

Luca

Seeing her every day has become my favorite thing. Her beautiful eyes, the way she blushes everytime I speak to her, the way her hips sway every time she walks away, she really got me hooked without doing anything special. There something about her that makes me crave her body and her soul.

Why does she always wear the gloves? Why does she cower from any human touch? She's such a mistery for me and I can't risk asking around about her because people will get suspicious.

Nobody mentions her name, she doesn't speak to anybody, except my brother and I'm not going to ask him about her. I'm pretty sure he will break my legs.

Speaking about my brother, he just decided to join me for dinner.

"If you so much pull a strand of her hair, I will kill you myself!" He says with blazing fury in his eyes.

"Hold on there, big brother. What are you talking about?" I know what he is talking about but I can't just confirm to him that I fantasize about his precious Clara all the time.

"Don't play the stupid card with me. You know damn well who am I talking about. You'll get her killed, you ignorant selfish bastard!" He shouts at me with anger boiling inside his eyes.

"What do you mean get her killed? Am I missing something here?" I ask him, trying to get some clearance.

"That's not my place to tell you. But do think why Clara works here, in this place hidden by Stafan's eyes, why I shielded her house, why she doesn't touch anybody. Come on, little brother, I thought you're smarter than this."

And then, it dawns me. The way she looked so lost when our hands touched was not because of my effect on her, it's because of what she saw about me.

"She's... an oracle?" I ask him confused.

"Well done, idiot. Now you know why you can't touch her, why I hid her from Stafan, why you need to leave her alone!" He presses each word, trying to get me to back off.

"What did she saw when she touched me?" I ask him out of curiosity. There are not so many oracles in the world and most of them are caged by powerfull people and forced to predict their future so that they can bend it according to their own will. This woman is a marvel even for our world, a rare gem. It makes me even more excited.

"Wipe that look of your face, you fool! You're gonna get her caged for the rest of her life, while her mind is lost in visions. Stop being so damn selfish for once in your life! Stop thinking with your dick and think with your brain, this time!" He shouts at me again.

"Fine... stop yelling!" I tell him a bit bored. "Tell me, what did she see?"

"War!"

This is the only thing that Gabriel tells me before walking away from me.

"Gael, what do you mean war?" I shout after him but he flips me the middle finger and ignores me.

"Asshole!" I murmur to myself.

She saw war when she touched me. Maybe Stafan will find me, maybe he will turn the world upside down to make me pay for fucking his precious daughter.

Maybe I really need to stay away from Clara.