Chapter 10

Clara

"How many people have to tell you to leave this loser before you actually do it?" I hear Luna's voice and open my eyes to see her standing in the doorway.

"You're back!" I smile at her. "And you've been talking to Gael." I tell her as I raise my arms to get a hug.

"I don't need my brother to tell me anything! His clothes are scattered all around this damn place so you haven't kicked him out yet." She scolds me as she wraps her arms around me.

"I've missed you!" I tell her sincerely.

"And I've missed you, cutie, but I'm still disappointed in how you allow yourself to be miserable." She continues to scold me like I'm a child.

"A lot has happened since you left. Luca is back!" I tell her and she raises her eyebrow at me.

"What has he done this time?" She asks a bit annoyed.

"I don't know." My eyes wonder to the other side of the room, while my mind travels to the vision of me telling him that I love him. I shake my head to chase those thoughts away.

"What's wrong? What are you not telling me?" She asks. She has always been so inquisitive.

"Nothing!" I lie to her.

"Lie to me one more time and I will read your mind!" She threatens me with a playfull smile.

"You wouldn't!" I stick my tongue out at her.

"Oh, but I would!" She tells me with a wicked smile on her face. We burst into laughter immediately. I hug her again and thank the Gods she's back.

Don't get me wrong, Gael is my best friend, but Luna is the sister I've never had. I've missed her so much while she was away! Luna, just like myself, needs to hide her gift from the world. She is basically, a living lie detector that can extract information whenever she wants. She could be dangerous, if she were to chose that path, but she is the most beautiful person I have ever met. She radiates kindness and purity. That is a dangerous feature in our realm. That is why Gael sent her to study with the Elves before Stafan took the throne. He can never find out what Luna can do, just as he can never find out what I can do.

If it were to get to that, Gabriel would move moutains to get us back and that is the scary part, because he is the most powerfull warlock in the world, but not even he knows it.

I've seen it the first time he touched me. He found me locked away in a cell, in the dungeon of that monster's house. My visions had taken over my mind and I didn't have the strength to take back control anymore. The moment he wrapped the blanket around me, I grabbed his hand and saw his future. I only remembered that vision in a dream, around two years ago.

I saw him killing the Elder that helps Stafan. I saw him killing Stafan. Then, he shielded his mind from me so I can't see his future anymore. He thinks I don't know why I can't see his future, but I do. And I don't want to bring it up because he doesn't know about this vision. I am afraid to tell him about it. This secret is not mine to keep but if I can protect him from his future for a little more time, then I will. In the end, most people live their entire life without the luxury of knowing their future.

Luca

"Sparkles!" I hear Luna's voice behind me as she jumps on my back like when we were kids.

"Lunatica!" I spin her around.

"Glad to see you back!" She tells me while we both sit on the couch

"You don't look very surprised to see me!" I tell her.

"That's because Clara told me you are here."

"How's Clara?" The question leaves my lips with a bit too much worry.

"She looked tired. I understand she had a nasty episode." She raises her eyebrow while searching for my gaze.

"What are you two hiding from me?" She reaches forward to take my hand and I avoid it.

"Nothing!" I lie.

"Damn it, Luca. Why do you even try lieing to me? I can read your mind even without touching you." I raise my gaze and it interlocks with hers. I can feel her in my mind, searching for her answers so I close my eyes quickly and get up from the couch.

"It's not polite to read people's mind without their permission, Luna!" I scold her, afraid of what she may have seen.

"It is, if they are the people you love and if they hide something from you." She sticks her tongue out at me.

"You're not a child anymore, Luna! And some secrets are meant to be kept." I feel myself getting slightly angry at her.

"Don't worry, Sparkles! I won't tell Gael that you kissed her or that you love her." My mind freezes upon hearing the last part of her comment.

"I don't love her!" I shout at her. But do I?

"Whatever let's you sleep at night, Sparkles!" She mocks me and get up to leave.

"Don't mock me, Luna!" I grab her hand and turn her around to face me.

"Then don't treat me like an idiot, Luca! I am almost 20 years old. You can't treat me like a child all the time! And you're what now? 31? Man up, big brother!" She replies with a hint of anger in her voice.

"You are right... It's just... you can't stick your nose is our business all the time. We need privacy, Luna!" I take her in my arms and kiss the top of her head.

"Fiiiine! I'm sorry for what I did. Now, are you going to tell her you love her?" She asks me with such innocence in her voice.

"It's much more complicated than that, Lulu. I don't even know what i feel."

"Well, I do. I've seen into your soul." She winks at me and I frown.

"You could be wrong." I tell her and hope she is wrong for once in her life.

"Yet, I never am." She winks again and runs out of my room.

"You never have and never will..."