Chapter Twenty Two

Booker POV:

There was someone ringing the building door bell. Andy locked the building beforehand so nobody could get in. Andy announced he would be right back and left the rooftop. Adam was asleep once again, he always claimed he could stay up an entire night, but nine years of Christmas proved him wrong.

He was asleep on the wooden picnic table seat.

Isaac was putting up with Alex again, he didn't seem as annoyed by it anymore, but I was surprised by how many questions could come from one person.

Cassidy seemed happy with whatever she had said to him, but he didn't seem effected by whatever she said. Liam was flirting with her again. I honestly didn't know how far that would go, if anything, I don't think it would go anywhere. But it was nice for something funny to happen every once in a while.

Lily and Sam were scratching each other's noses with their own, their mutters and seductive language, gratefully, beyond my ears.

There was suddenly a loud slam that made Adam jump from his slumber and seemed to cut through the music in the air. All conversations stopped and Andy was trying to talk to an angry man who was storming across the rooftop. "What are you doing here, sir?" Andy asked.

I went wide eyed, why was Edgar Morgan here? And why so soon and without notice, there was always a notice if one was coming for an inspection.

I stood up, "whoa, why are you here?" I asked when he escaped Andy's words and body blocks.

"Random inspection," he informed, he looked annoyingly pleased with himself and it took all my strength for me not to send him away.

"Why are you giving me one?" I asked, "There is no reason for you to, and my own Social Worker is in charge of it, not you," I informed.

He shrugged, "Katie is still my Social Worker client," he snapped, "and like I told you before, if there is even one small reason of doubt to take her from your care I will find it."

He sounded so sure of himself, but I was okay... I think.

I walked past him and went to Andy, "you can call the police for him trespassing," I informed, "he's stretching his role as a Social Worker to a point where it should snap." He agreed with me as he watched Edgar looking around.

I followed him; the air was so quiet with his presence. Alex had even stopped his rambling.

His hand grabbed a beer can, "alcohol?" he looked at it and seemed pleased with himself.

"That is mine," Liam informed snatching it from him, "none of this is for under aged drinkers, sir." He drunk the rest of it and dropped the crushed can to a small bin provided for such a thing.

"See, everything is fine," I informed.

"Alright and where is Katie?" he asked looking around.

I looked around for a moment and Cassidy went wide eyed as she was standing next to her. Katie looked drunk. She was leaning on Cassidy and she looked like she was going to be sick, and the bottle Cassidy took was only just unnoticeable.

I went wide eyed, but tried to hide my surprise.

Edgar Morgan seemed impressed with himself as he smiled, "everything is fine, huh? Katie is drunk," he snapped as he walked over to her.

Katie wasn't very responsive; otherwise she would've gone frantic by his presence.

"This is not only child endangerment, it's also illegal, you're providing alcohol to a minor," he informed, a little happier then he probably should've made it. "What? Did you also give it to your own kid too?" he asked gesturing to Adam, whose head rested on the table.