Best of Friends

I walk in the school building. I was so used to with the ugly stares so I felt a little weird when they smiled at me. Well now I know that they're a hypocrite.

When I stopped by my locker, a girl approached me and pat my shoulder. I turn to look at her with a smile. She looks cute with two braids at the side of her head.

"Hi." She smiled whilst waving her hand.

"Hey. Do you....need something?" I tried to be polite since I don't trust anyone here except Carol.

I wanted to add the boys into my trusty friend list but we started to be friends after I perform so I need a lot of time to fully trust them.

Even though they were there for me including V, but I can't help but to do that. I can't trust people that easily especially the ones that gives off the worst first impression to me. I unlike those kind of people.

That is why I said that I was surprised that I clicked so fast with the boys. It was...cool to have a guy friend around. I don't have that lots of friends with the opposite gender.

The friends that I knew at Busan would use me for fame or looks. They wanted to get a piece of me as if I'm some kind of lucky charm.

"Actually, I stopped by to say that we," the girl looks back at her group of friends before looking back at me, "ship you with Kim Taehyung."

My eyes went wide just for a split second before turning back to its normal size. That was so random. I stare at the girl to see any hesitation but I found none.

"It's pretty touching that you said we look good together but I don't really have that kind of feelings towards V. He is just a friend." I tried to talk comfortable with them but socializing isn't really my specialty.

The girl pouted. "We know that but we just want TaeQuinn to be real."

"Aww,, you guys are really amazing. You even made a name for both of us but to just make it clear, Taehyung and I are best of friends." I smiled. "I'll go now. The teacher will kill me if I'm late. Bye!"

I walked away and I heard the girl said something that made me smile.

"Did you see that? She really have a vibe of an idol!"

-

I walked into class and saw Carol waving at me. I smiled while waving back and I got into my seat.

"What took you so long?" Carol asked.

"Nothing. Just dealing with some girls." I shrugged whilst preparing my stationeries on the table to start the lesson.

"Don't say that they are still bullying you." Carol said with a hint of anger.

"No! That's not it. They're just being...nice. That's all." I smiled to her but I know Carol wasn't convinced. She is the type of person who see it and believe it.

"You gotta trust me on this one. I'm fine." I reassured and she smiled before the teacher walked in.

"Ok class, it's time to start our lesson." The teacher hits the desk with his textbook and all the students groaned.

It was almost 20 minutes after class started then the door burst open and seven men came flowing in.

"Them again." I hear Mr. Choi mumbled but I'm pretty sure the whole class heard that.

"Take a seat. Detention." Mr. Choi doesn't even save them a glance and all the boys took their seats.

As V walked passed me, he winked before sitting at his designated seat. I shook my head while smiling like an idiot. He just makes my heart beat in a weird way.

Then we all paid attention to Mr. Choi's lecture.

-

Finally recess came and we all sit at the table we bound to love these past few days. I was sitting next to Taehyung as always and Carol was sitting next to Jungkook.

We were just laughing before Hoseok starts to catch our attention.

"Did you hear the ship name they call both of you?" Hoseok ask and I'm guessing he is asking both me and Taehyung.

I looked at him while chewing my food before swallowing it and smiled. Everyone was looking at me and I felt a little nervous. Just a little.

"Yeah, I heard it this morning. TaeQuinn, right?" I stated and Hoseok nodded while smiling so wide that I hope his cheeks won't hurt after.

"Really?" Taehyung asked while his mouth is filled with food.

"Yah! Chew, you dimwit. Chew." I glared at him playfully and he immediately swallow his food.

He smiled sheepishly while scratching the back of his neck. I can't help but laugh at him.

Then I felt the stares that the others are giving us. We both stare at them.

"What?" Taehyung and I said in unison.

"We kinda agree to that ship." Jin said whilst nodding his head.

"So? It's not true anyways. We're just friends." Wow, and now I notice how it hurts to say that.

Do I even expect something more from him?

I shook that thought off before looking at Taehyung who seems to be deep in thought.

I poked his eyebrows that are furrowed together and he looked at me in surprise. I smiled and his face instantly softens.

"Please don't act as if we're not here." Yoongi groaned making all of us laughed.

-

School is finally over. I never knew it could be so enjoyable. I guess I could bare the pain when they are with me.

"Quinn..."

I looked to see Daejin standing awkwardly in front of the lockers and I smiled at him.

Try to be more friendly. He changed. It's okay.

He was surprised that I smiled at him. He would never think that I would smile at him.

I walked to him and he seems to step back. I furrowed my brows.

I don't want him to be afraid of me. All I wanted is to show him that I'm not that wimp again. I want him to be intimidated by me not scared.

"Hey, Daejin." I said as casual as possible. His presence still irks me and I know I can't ignore that feeling.

"Do you wanna talk while walking?" He pointed the exit. I was a little unsure but I nod with a smile anyways.

What have gotten into me?

"Where's that guy?" He asked but there was something weird about it. I know he didn't meant to come out that harsh.

"Taehyung?" The thought of him made me smile. "He's in detention."

Daejin nodded and before we both knew it, we were outside the gates of school and headed to the bus station.

"Aye, look what we've got here." A deep rusty voice sounded and shivers went down my spine.

I turned around. Even though I don't want to, I had to. I need to make sure that voice isn't the voice that I think who it is.

When I turned around, I felt like all the colors of my face turned pale. It was him again. The guy at the party. The guy that meddled with me. The guy that sent me to the hospital. The guy that was all over me at that horrible night.

Him.