Blood

I walked through the halls and into my class. It was a mess as always. I plopped down on my seat whilst letting out a heavy sigh.

Isn't it crazy?

How my life turned from normal into some kind of action movie. I just wanted to graduate peacefully in a normal high school with a satisfying grade.

As I am still lost in my own thoughts, Taehyung came right in. He's boxy grin wide as ever. I was startled when he crouched down beside my table and pecked my cheek.

"Morning." He smiled at me before standing up.

"Good morning, Tae." I returned his smile just as wide.

Before we exchanged any other words, the teacher made his entrance into the classroom with wide strides.

-

School ended in a flash. I am now walking down the streets to search some materials for an upcoming project that is due next week.

I found the store I was searching for and hurriedly got in. I need some cardboard papers and some glue gun. After a few minutes of hunting the things, I payed it and walked out of the store.

It has been awhile since I walk to get some fresh air. I forgot how relaxing it is. I was about to cross the street when a hand was placed on my wrist and the next thing I know, I was dragged into some kind of dark looking alley.

I took a glance at the person who dares pulling my wrist. My eyes widened when I layed eyes on the figure standing in front of me.

"Jungyoon..." I trailed off while looking at him with so much hatred.

"Nice seeing you, Quinn." The guy grinned evilly at me. He was holding a gun in his right hand.

"What do you want?" I snapped at him while my hand slowly trailed to my bag's pocket, locating the small dagger.

Jungyoon sickeningly smiled at me before lifting his gun to the side of his face. He looks like a psychotic killer now. My hands found the dagger and pulled it out slowly before hiding it behind my back.

And without any warning, Jungyoon strangled my neck with his free hand. The gun was directly on my temple. Me being scared would be an understatement.

"If you follow me like a diligent high school girl you are, I won't kill you." He pulled me up to my feet by the neck making me hard to breathe.

I was terrified and without think twice, I stabbed him on the shoulder. I harshly pulled out the dagger. Red liquid tinted the once clean dagger. Jungyoon stumbled backwards from the impact, I kicked him in the stomach. He was losing balance and soon fell to the ground, the gun loose from his grip.

I quickly kicked the gun as far as I could and run out of the dark alley with full speed. My heart was racing so fast. I hailed a cab and immediately went to Taehyung's house.

The driver looked at me through the rear mirror. In instinct, I hide my bloody hand along with the dagger. It felt so wrong in so many levels.

Once we arrived, I payed the driver with my clean hand and quickly got off the cab. My eyes were watering when I saw the familiar house. I just want to cuddle with him right now and hear him say that everything will be okay, even if it's not.

I hastily knocked on the door a few times. The one who opened the door was the ahjumma I saw a few days ago when I was here. I look up at her with teary eyes.

"W-Where's Taehyung?" I manage to ask between my trembling voice.

"He's upstairs in his room. Please come inside, dear." The ahjumma welcomed me in whilst rubbing my back soothingly. "Let me take that away from you."

The ahjumma slowly took the dagger away from me which made me flinch a little.

"Thank you..." I bowed down to her before climbing up the stairs to Taehyung's room.

I remember the way to his room from the paintings on the wall. As I quickly head to his room, my tears seems to not end.

I finally stood in front of his door and I burst in without any knocks. I saw him sitting at his desk on his laptop. His head snapped at me and he was met with me crying my eyeballs out, don't forget the bloody hand.

"T-Taehyung..." My voice was shaky and my breathing was not like usual.

"Quinn, what happened?" He didn't waste any time to rush to me and pulled me into his embrace. It was warm and safe.

He also caressed and kissed my head to comfort me. My muffled sobs was heard in the room due to my face pressing to Taehyung's chest.

I pulled away and sat on the edge of the bed which he quickly followed, sitting beside me. His face shows how much he was worried.

"I-I met Jungyoon." I glance at him and his demeanor darkens.

"What did he do to you?" His voice got an octave lower. It makes me a little nervous to let it out now.

"He strangles me, he wanted to bring me somewhere. Don't worry, he didn't do anything worse. I was quick enough to stab him." I was missing out the part where he brought a gun. I know it was important and I'm starting to feel like those wattpad fan fiction where the girl drop out the important part. "I was so scared."

Taehyung pulled me into a hug again. "Don't worry, princess. You're okay now, you did a great job."

Soon, my sobs were gone and dried tears were stained on my cheeks. Taehyung told me to wash my hands so I did before I saw him picking his car keys after I finished.

"Where are you going?" I asked while tilting my head to the side.

"I'll send you home. It's getting late and I surely don't want you to go home alone." He puts on his jacket before holding my hand and went out of the house.

-

The car slowly pulled in front of my house. I looked at Taehyung who was already staring at me.

"I'll watch from here, don't worry." He softly said before kissing my forehead.

I nodded before opening the car door and walked to my front porch. I opened the door and turned around to wave at Taehyung. He smiled and wave back before leaving.

I let out a sigh.

Taehyung won't let this happen. I know that.

I stepped into the house. It was weirdly empty, but then I heard the room my parents shared opened.

"Hi Quinn, fancy meeting you here." And there he is, the one and only Nam Jungyoon standing on top of the stairs, in my goddamn house.

•••

Cliffhanger😏