Chicken Soup

I fluttered my eyes open.

The bright lights blind my vision before it adjusted and the white walls came into my line of sight.

It seems like I'm in a hospital room. There was a humidifier sitting on the nightstand and beside it was a bowl of chicken soup that is wrapped with plastic wrap. There were bouquets of flowers placed on the couch across the spacious room and a door to the bathroom that is just beside the couch. Above the couch was a window showing the hospital's beautiful garden.

My eyes then stopped to the guy sleeping soundly with a chair beside my bed, his head layed on his hands that are holding to my right hand. His hair falling onto his eyes, covering it. His lips was formed into a pout and even when sleeping, I can still see the bags under his eyes.

My eyes watered at the sight. His face was still a little bruised, but it was healing. Ignoring the pain from my left arm, I reach out to touch his soft hair, brushing through the strands. It was overwhelming for me because the moment it hit me, I started to sob.

Finally the end.

It's all over and that is what matters. Upon hearing my soft cries, the boy stirred in his sleep before both of his eyes opened and he literally jumped off his seat.

"Quinn!" He exclaimed with relief. "You're awake."

He hugged me carefully before giving my bandaged head a soft kiss. He too, shed some tears. But it was tears of pure joy that runs down his face.

"Taehyung-ah, you're okay." I manage saying through sobs.

He nodded vigorously kissing my head again and settling on putting his forehead against mine.

"I thought I lost you, Quinn. You don't know how scared I was." He choked before giving me a passionate kiss on the lips.

It felt euphoric. The warmth spread through my body making me feel safe. I was in his arms again and I could never ask for more.

The kiss last for a few seconds before we both pulled away. The smiles on our faces were never been better. I love it so much, despite I need to be on a hospital bed again.

"I love you, Quinn." He whispered near my ear.

"I love you more, Tae."

-

"Quinn!" A wail was heard when the door burst open. It was none other than the famous Kim Seokjin.

"You're okay! I thought you were gonna leave us." He pouted before shoving Taehyung off his seat and replacing himself on the chair.

"Hyung! That's my chair." Taehyung whined.

"Now, now Taehyung, don't keep Quinn all to yourself. We also need to shower her with love." Jin tutted before giving my hand a peck.

Taehyung scoffed before taking a seat next to Jungkook on the couch. I giggled at their behavior. They really can make me laugh even though it's not actually in the best circumstances.

"How long have I been out for?" I asked the others.

"3 weeks." Yoongi answered from across the room. He was leaning on the wall beside the couch.

"3 torturous weeks, I tell ya." Jin added. "We were all so worried."

I can feel the love that they gave me. I still can't believe these guys are my family now. They helped me through thick and thin and I couldn't be more grateful.

"Fortunately, the police arrived on time and arrested X and his men." Namjoon explained earning a nod from me.

I soon noticed that my parents aren't even here. I wonder where they might have gone because their only daughter is here in the hospital.