Chapter Thirty-9; Pregnant ---->

Regina:

Regina:

Pregnant.

Pregnant.

You're pregnant.

Pregnant.

"Here we are. Now, take a seat on the bed and I'm going to run you a bath and while you're bathing, I'm going to get you some food." Harry rambles, fussing over me overbearingly. I grab his wrist, halting every movement in his body as his eyes dart towards me. I sigh.

"Harry, I'm pregnant, not terminal. When this is over, we'll have a baby, I won't be dead. Stop fussing." I tell him and he nods defeatedly. "Now, I'm going to shower. But, when I come out, I would love some food." I tell him, sending him a reassuring smile. He nods, smiling back at me. I lean forward and kiss his lips.

"Okay, I'll be right back." He says, standing up. I nod with a smile and watch as he makes his way from the room, closing the door behind him. The smile immediately disappears from my face and I drop my head into my hands.

Pregnant.

Pregnant.

You're pregnant.

Pregnant.

---->

I come out of the en suite and walk over to my closet door. I notice that Harry still isn't back when I enter the walk in closet. I emerge about thirty minutes later, fully dressed.

Harry has returned and is sitting on the bed, head down and is fiddling with his fingers

Harry has returned and is sitting on the bed, head down and is fiddling with his fingers. I frown, walking over to him. He looks up upon my arrival.

"I had the chef make you a veggie omelet and a salad. There's a smoothie there too." He says, thrusting his thumb behind him to the bedside table, where a tray lays.

"Thank you." I tell him and take a seat  next to him, a sigh escaping my lips. "Do you want this baby?" I blurt out and he frowns. Suddenly, his hand reaches out and settles itself onto my stomach.

"I've never wanted anything so strongly since I met you." He says and I smile, leaning forward to kiss his lips happily.

"We're having a baby!" I exclaim and he nods, smiling right back at me.

"We're having a baby." He repeats and we share another kiss, a cuddle following shortly after.

---->

"Are you ready to see this baby?" Dr. Charles asks and we nod. He smiles and squirts some bluey clear gel onto my exposed belly. He grabs something from the ultrasound machine and starts to spread the gel with it all over my stomach, focusing on a certain section. That's when an image fills the screen. Our baby.

"It's so tiny!" I gasp, tears filling my eyes at the sight of our baby

"It's so tiny!" I gasp, tears filling my eyes at the sight of our baby. Suddenly, the most beautiful sound evaded my ears. Our baby's heartbeat.

My hand shoots to my mouth, trying to conceal my sobs. I turn to look at Harry and his eyes are filled with tears and he has a smile on his face.

"You're around four weeks. Let me go print out some pictures. Excuse me." The doctor says and slips from the room. I turn back to Harry and smile.

---->

"Did they say when he might wake up?" I ask Lacey and she shakes her head.

"They don't know much of anything." She sighs and I nod, rubbing her shoulders.

"Harry and I are having a dinner tonight. We have an announcement. If you don't feel up to it, you don't have to come." I reassure her and she smiles.

"Thanks, but, I think I need to get out of here for a while. I've been stuck in these four walls for long enough now." She says and I nod, happy that my best friend is going to be there.

"Great. I'll see you tonight, then." I tell her, pulling her into a hug before leaving the room.

---->

- SI444

- SI444.