Interruptions

"Alright class you're free to go, have a nice day," Lauren said as she walked to open the door. I left with the class but when I got to my car I remembered that Lauren had no ride home. Quickly I walked back into her class room where she was sitting behind her desk stacking papers. She looks up at me.

"Sandie is everything ok?" I smile at her saying "Sandie". I nod my head.

"Yeah everything's ok, I just remembered that your car didn't work this morning and wanted to ask if you needed a ride home." She raised a hand to her forehead and sighed.

"I knew I was forgetting something important."

"So, would you like that ride?" Lauren grabs her things and heads to the door. Turning like she did last time she speaks over her shoulder.

"I accept your offer for a ride home."I smile and we both head out of the school. Everything seemed normal but she came to a stop. I shot her a questioning glance.

"We can't let anyone see me getting in a car with you they would deem it inappropriate." I thought for a minute and came up with an idea. I handed her my car keys.

"Take these and drive down the road, I'll meet you down there and then we ride home together." She lifts her arms and applauses my idea. I laugh and nudge her arm. "Oh crap is it ok to nudge your teacher." There was no bad reaction from her, with the keys to my car in her hand she walked away. I waited for her to leave the school then ran down the street. As I was nearing the car I heard my name being called out. "Damn it" I turned around with a smile on my face. It was Bryan. The window to my car was rolled down a bit and I took a risk.

"Roll down the window,"I coughed out. Hopefully Bryan didn't hear it but as he approached he didn't mention it. That's a good thing.

"Hey, Sandra how come you're walking home. I thought you had a car,"he says. We started walking together and Lauren was driving a little in front but close enough I could tell she'd be able to listen in. I need to think of something. I was panicking in my head a bit but eventually I came up with another plan.

"Yeah I do but, I had someone TAKE IT HOME." He looked confused.

"Why did you just yell?," he asks.

"Oh you know, just the thought that I'LL BE WALKING, fills me with happiness." I smiled and he smiles. In my head I was wondering whether or not Lauren got the message but my car sped up and left. "That was fucking close"

"Let me walk you home then." I agreed with a small nod and we walked the way home. Bryan and I lived not far apart and I often saw him in his car leaving to school. When it was time to go our separate ways I sprinted over to Lauren's. She opened the door quickly and let me in. We were both thinking about what had just happened and ended up laughing really hard about it.

" I'm sorry that you had to walk home Sandie." I shook my head.

"It's fine I'm just glad he didn't see you." We were on her couch now sitting in silence again. I was beginning to feel like Lauren wasn't my teacher but a great friend. We seem to have fun together and we only just me two days ago. I have a feeling this friendship will be great, she doesn't even try to push this away. That's a good thing.

*****(Three months later)

"OH MY GOD I FUCKING KNEW YOU LIKED HER!," Mae yelled at me. Class had just ended and Mae caught me staring at Lauren. I should have known I wasn't being discreet about anything. When it came to Lauren I acted stupid, if I saw her during lunch hour I couldn't help but to stare. I loved her smile and at times I think that's what caught my attention about her. The smile on her face could bring even the most hateful people peace.

"Would you shut it," I said. "She's in her class what if she heard you, dumbass." Mae put a hand to her heart and acted as if I had just offended her. I made a face and all she did was smile. She put her ear to the door and then looked down to the ground.

"Keep listening just in case," she said. "I see your shoes are untied, I'll be a helpful person and tie those for you." I was about to look down at my shoes but as I pulled my ear from the door Mae ushered me back to the way I was. She was taking longer than someone should to tie shoes that I actually got a bit suspicious. Before I had the chance to look down however, she jumped up and knocked on the door loudly before running off. My reflexes kicked in and I went to run too except, my laces were tied together so I landed face first on the floor."Damn my jaw hurts". I heard the sound of clicking heels before the door opened and I was still on the floor.

"Sandra?" I rolled over to face her. My face was burning hot and I wish I could get up and run. I looked around and saw other kids around looking at me for the crazy way Mae ran out of here.

"Hey, Ms. James," I said casually from the floor up to her. She was looking down at me with a confused look on her face but, I could see she was holding back a smile. I slowly and carefully sat up to untie my laces. She started laughing and I laughed along with her before walking into her class.

"So, are you going to tell me what really happened?" I chuckled a little then tightened my jaw thinking of how I would explain it to her. That was until a pain shot through my jaw.

"Ow,"I whined lifting a hand to my jaw. Her eyes went to my jaw right away and her brows pinched.
"Are you ok Sandra?" I nodded my head with my hand still over my jaw. I went to scoot my chair closer to her desk but I hit my knee against the leg of the desk.

"Damn it," I said as I caught sight of the pen rolling off her desk. I reached for it only to be met with her hand as well. I stared at her hand over mine, she did too. Neither of us moved, it's like we were both scared of what the other's reaction would be. I gripped the pen under my hand and cleared my throat. She moved her hand and I immediately felt the absence of her warmth. Slowly I set the pen in front of her and let my eyes wander on her, from her hands up to her eyes. By the time I got there she was already staring at me. I swallowed. Her eyes searched my face.

"Your jaw is red,"she whispered. Again I went to raise a hand to my jaw but she beat me to it. As she held my face I let myself fall more into her palm. She didn't pull back but instead started rubbing her thumb against my jaw. The whole time her eyes never left mine, it felt as if we both started leaning in when my eyes dropped down to her lips. "Oh god, her lips look so soft I really just want to kiss her but I don't want to ruin this moment." I began leaning in more when there was a knock at the door.

"Hello, anyone in here?," someone said. I hear the knob start turning. 

Hey sorry I didn't post yesterday like I said I might not post much throughout the week because I get really busy but thank you for reading so far. Please vote, comment, and share hope you're enjoying the story.