Nonchawhatly?

"Will you ever be back sweetie?" she asked cleaning her hands off with a towel.

"I'll keep coming back for you, whenever I can." I smiled at her before giving her another tight hug and leaving. The girls had returned their car and we took mine to the airport. I missed my bed, my living room,my kitchen, I missed my house. Sandra and I hadn't spoken much after last night and it's clear we have things to talk about. As we got to the airport my phone went off.

"You gonna get that?" Sandra asked confused. I nodded. I talked on the phone as we made our way to our gate. The call didn't take very long. Mae ran and stood very close to me while we were in line.

"Was it about the baby?" she asked hopefully. I nodded at her and she squealed.

"Our adoption lady Breanna, is coming in two days. So that means we have to clean the whole house and be prepared as fuck." Mae jumped in excitement and told the girls who were also excited by the news. Not long after we got on the plane and the road home began. The plane ride went like the one before and as we got to the Seattle airport I saw Mae take a sigh of relief but I decided no to question her.

SANDRA'S POV*****

Everything had happened so fast and now we were back to the place it all started. Lauren seemed a little distant with me and I understood why. I still need to fix what I damaged regardless of the trip we just had. After piling into our house the girls let themselves fall on the floor.

"Lauren I never knew I'd miss your place so much," Mae said while faced down on the living room rug. I laid myself down on the couch and Lauren sat next to me. The girls took a nap on the floor.

"I'm really sorry for all of this," I said with my head down. "I love you so much and I promise I'll fix this." She squeezed my hand a little before walking upstairs to unpack. A few hours later the girls were up and we were deciding how to plan our day for the adoption lady's arrival. I wallowed into the kitchen and Mae followed me with a concerned face.

"Hey what's wrong, your face doesn't look happy?" I placed myself against the counter and looked at her with sad eyes.

"I think Lauren might have lost some love for me and I don't know what to do."

"It's Lauren that woman looks at you like you put the stars in the sky." I let a small smile crawl across my face at her comment.

"That was before Mae, now I'm not so sure. I said something that won't ever washout of her mind." Mae looked around for a bit before smiling and walking into the living room.

"Who wants coffee, Sandra's making it?" she asked the girls. I heard agreement and started heating up water.

"What are you plotting Diaz?" she shook her head at me as we waited for the water to boil. We talked about the trip and Mae said she wanted to return to Margret. Before we knew it the water was boiling and I was pulling mugs out of the cabinets.

"I'll help." I looked at her before accepting and we prepared 5 mugs of hot coffee. We walked out balancing the mugs. I handed one to both Chris and Kara before returning to the kitchen for my own. After walking back out I took a seat next to Lauren and listened to their plan. Out of the corner of my eye I could see her stare into her coffee but she said nothing and took sips.

"Ok so what we decided was that when she gets here she'll meet Lauren then after a while we'll come over and just show what a perfect group we are. We can all come together and show this woman we are all capable of caring for the child and she'll have to say yes," Chris filled me in.

"I like it. I mean it seems fail proof since there's like five of us and it shows that the baby would be loved by so many people." I smiled. Lauren set her mug on the table. "Did you like your coffee," I asked with a smile. She nodded.

"Yeah, thanks it was really good" She rubbed my hand under hers.

"I'll collect mugs, Sandra can you help me?" Mae said excitedly. I squinted at her before gathering the mugs she left behind. Walking into the kitchen I saw Mae waiting for me with a huge smile on her face.

"Oh you better tell me what you did."

"She still loves you. Quite a whole lot actually." I looked at her with a confused expression.

"What do you mean, you don't even know. I didn't even see you talk to Lauren right now."

"Oh.... I didn't have to talk. All I had to do was watch her drink her coffee."

"How does watching her drink coffee give you any answers?"

"Well she drank it all for one," she said.

"Ok and?"

"I switched out her sugar for salt, and when you asked her if she liked it she lied straight to your face about it. I know she didn't like it, I saw her face the first time she sipped it." I looked at her in shock.

"You made her drink salt?" I said with a straight face.

"It seemed like the easiest way at the time but now that you say it out loud I do feel kinda bad." I left Mae in the kitchen and went to go hug Lauren. She really deserved it, I sat on her lap and held her in my arms. Her sweet perfume filled me and I just never wanted her to leave again. I felt her arms hold my waist as she hugged me back. Lauren got tired and I told her we could go to bed. As the girls made their way out I made sure so slap the back of Mae's head before she made it out the door.

"You probably deserved that," Kara said not having an Idea about what Mae had done.

"Don't I always," I heard Mae say as she closed the door behind her. I locked it before going upstairs to Lauren.

*****2 Days Later

"I'm not ready."

"Yes you are Lauren, just calm down" I told her while fixing her collar.

"Yeah, try breathing. We'll by spying on you the whole time." Lauren turns to look at Mae.

"You promise?" Mae nods her head. The door opens and Chris walks in with Kara.

"Are you ready?" Lauren shakes her head but pulls herself together.

"After a while, we'll all come in and it won't be so awkward anymore just hang tight."

"SHE'S HERE!!! EVERYONE HAUL ASS!!" Mae yelled as she ran out the side door. I closed it behind me and we all watched from the side of the house as the adoption woman rang the doorbell. I think she sensed our eyes on her because she turned in our direction and we all threw ourselves back.

"Holy nuggets that was close," Kara said. We took a seat on the ground and decided to pick at grass to pass time. Every once in awhile Mae would throw some at all of us and we'd all throw it back.

"This is boring I'm bored," she whined.

"What's going to be our reason to show up at her place?" I asked now realizing we actually never decided that.

"I have an idea," Mae said with her back on the ground.

"A good one?" Chris asked. Mae let out a little laugh.

"Woah there, let's not get ahead of ourselves. All I said was I hand an Idea. I didn't say I had a solution." I looked at Kara and motioned towards Mae with my head. Kara got the message and smacked Mae.

"Dumbass," she said. Mae looked at her with an upset expression.

"Let's just be simple and say we're dropping by."

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to play it off nonchalantly" I said. Mae's head popped up.

"Nonchawhatly?" She asked with a confused expression.

"Mae don't make me wanna hit you again," Kara said while laying down.

"All you guys ever do is abuse me," She said. "I'm gonna go peek through the window." Mae got up and crawled her way to an open window and peered in.

Hey guys I hope you enjoyed the chapter and I hope you guys are staying healthy. Let me know what you thought of this chapter or the story in general. I can see some of these characters (Mae) are growing on some of you guys. Remember to stay safe,and stay healthy. Thanks for reading, please vote,comment,and share. I'll try to update soon. P.S. did y'all see Lauren's face up at the top there :)