Sirens (PT. 1)

SANDRA'S POV*****

I returned with a warm cloth and started cleaning Lauren's face. She would wince a bit but was mostly focused on the folder Mae couldn't get open.

"Oh for the love of god, gimme it," Lauren groaned. She snatched the folder and tore it open.

"You're mean when you're hurt, you know that,"Mae responded.Lauren handed the folder back to Mae and got up from where I was cleaning her.

"Where are you going?," I asked.

"To get some tape." I gave her a strange look as she went into the kitchen. When she returned she taped the cloth to her face. I giggled at her, she looked pretty stupid but it's ok. I was focused on Lauren I didn't hear Mae calling my name.

SANDRA, HELLO!" she yelled. I snapped back and looked at the papers she had in her hand. "I think I know how to find Kara."

"What, How?" She turned the paper over to face me.

"Her address is right here, it says shes from Salt Lake city Utah. 1387 Pleasant road." We made eye contact, the same crazy Idea running through our minds. Lauren looked at both of us.

"You guys wouldn't," she said. I laughed.

"Oh baby, of course we would."

"Ladies, do I have to remind you, WE LIVE IN WASHINGTON." I looked around the room thinking, before running up stairs.

"Where are you going?" asked Mae. I stopped at the top of the stairs.

"To pack, we're going to Utah. I have to find Kara."

"YAY ROAD TRIP," Yelled Mae. I packed enough clothes for a week and dragged my luggage downstairs. I looked at Lauren.

"Are you coming with us?" She took my hands in hers.

"Babe I would love to go with you to find your sister, but I have to get back to work. Call me when you get there and when you find her." She looked at Mae. "Come on I'll take you home, so you can pack."

"Wow you're the best teacher ever." She said jumping up. Lauren smirked and grabbed her keys.

"Would you like to come along or wait here, I don't know if you want to be along here yet?" I shook my head.

"I'll wait here, there's something I have to do." She gave me a questionable look and then smiled. Once they left I made my way back upstairs. The door to my mothers room was open, a bit of Lauren's blood was smeared on it. Honestly it looked creepy as hell, I walked in and immediately noticed the huge hole in the wall. I couldn't help but laugh at what Lauren told me. I turned to close the door and took a seat on my moms bed. The room flooded me with her scent and I teared up. "I miss you mom, I always will." Standing up I started throwing everything in a box laying in the corner. If I was going to move on from this, I'm gonna need to put stuff away. I kept some pictures and keepsakes, the rest went in the attic. The door opened.

"Sandie we're back," Mae called.Making my way down I saw her standing with Lauren by her side. "Ready to go?" I nodded my head then went towards Lauren. Pulling my hands around her neck I leaned into her, took in her scent.

"Are you sure you can't come?" She kissed the top of my head.

"Baby if I could, I would but I have to get back to work. I told the school I'd only be a few days." I frowned against her chest. Pulling away slightly I kissed her, the kiss grew hotter until someone cleared their throat.

"AHEM, hey guys, remember me?," Mae sighed. "I'm still here" I laughed.

"Right, well I'll see you in a week babe, please be careful." I said to Lauren.

"Yeah you're the best teacher ever," Lauren squinted her eyes at Mae shaking her head. "Girlfriend?" Lauren shook her head again. "Person?" Mae squeaked. "Person, yes you're a good person." Lauren laughed.

"Be careful babe, and take care of this one." she said with a smile playing on her lips. We all went outside, Lauren got into her car and I got into mine. Going separate ways I watched her through my rear view mirror.

WARNING: The following part contains a Triggering Topic. (Just a heads up, please don't hate).

LAUREN'S POV*****

It was Monday morning and I was ready for work. Luckily I still had an hour and a half before I had to leave. Walking over to the kitchen I made myself some coffee, once done I sat on the couch and decided to watch the news.

"Due to an increased amount of criminal activity, a curfew has been placed upon the Tacoma Washington area. There have been murders, robberies, and abductions throughout the city. Civilians are to be in their homes by 9: 30 pm or will be stopped by office-" BEEP BEEP BEEP.

"Damn my alarm." I shut off the tv and drove to work thinking about what had been announced. "Wow increased crime in the city, everything just keeps getting better and better." I rolled my eyes and got into my car. The drive to school was fairly easy, there were less cars around. Once at school I went into my class room, I had about 10 minutes before students begin to arrive. I decided to send a text to Sandra.

*Hows the plane ride?*

*It's long and boring. I also think Mae is slobbering all over my Jacket.*

*Awe haha, smack her?*

*I choose life thank you very much* I laughed out loud. There was a slight knock on my door. I sent one last text.

*Ok, I have to go. Be safe, Love you.*

*Love you too* I look up and am met with Kalie. Her light blue eyes focused on my dark ones.

"Sorry if I'm Interrupting you." I smiled and shook my head.

"Not at all Kalie, are you in fro my class today?" She nodded and took a seat near my desk.

"I don't mean to sound stalkerish, but why haven't you been here the past few days."

"I'm sorry I had some personal matters to attend to, my uh cousin.. Was in a car crash." It came out more as if I was asking a question but luckily she didn't comment on it.

"Did you hear about Sandra's mom?" I shook my head

"N-no what happened." Her eyes dropped and her body language shifted.

"She died, when Sandra comes back we should make her feel comfortable." I nodded my head agreeingly.

"Of course whatever we can do." At this moment kids started flooding in and class began. The day went by slowly and it wasn't until fourth class that an alarm started blaring around the school. Students', phones along with mine started sounding like a siren. Some students covered their ears, others looked around cluelessly, and some started asking me what was happening. I was about to speak when the intercom came on.

Hey guys another update. This part will be separated into chapters, I'm not sure how many yet but we'll see. Hope you enjoyed this chapter.Please comment your thoughts or opinions. Like, vote and share.