Chapter 5

Sadie dropped Millie off. They both said their goodbyes then Millie entered her house. She hated being alone, she still getting used to it but every time her parents where away at least a maid was working but none were today since they got the day off. She went to her room she placed the bag in her closet. She walked to her window and opened the curtains and the window. As she did that she saw Finn in his room she smiled due to the fact that he didn't go with Caleb and Sadie due to the same reason as her. 

She didn't really have anything to do so she decided to watch a movie. After watching 2 movies she went downstairs to make herself some lunch. She decided to make herself a sandwich and a salad since she didn't really know how to cook. As she was getting the ingredients she hears the front door open. She makes her way over there when she see her mother storming right past her

"Mom?" she says 

"I'll be in my office don't bother me." she says before walking again

Millie was worried confused and concerned as to why her mother was back early. She knew something happened she never sees her like this. She noticed that her cheeks are stained with tears and that she was hiding something. She went back to the kitchen, grabbed her phone and dialed her dads number but he didn't answer. She called him 5 times but each time it would go straight to voicemail.

She decided no to overthink about it, he must be in a meeting and that's why he cant answer the phone Millie thought but couldn't come up with a good explanation about why her mother acted like that. 

She went back to making her food after she was done she ate. She stayed in the living room watching TV shows and movies to pass time. When it was 5:00 she decided to make some dinner but since she didn't really know how to cook she decided to post mate food. She ordered herself some Chinese food and got a Caesar salad for her mom. 

After 20 minutes the food had arrived she took out her Chinese food and left it on the kitchen counter. She grabbed the bag and walked towards her moms office. She knocked on the door, she waited for her mom to open it but instead she opened it. Papers were everywhere, the office looked trashed, her mother was sitting on the chair she had a glass of wine in one hand and in the other she had papers that she was reading over. 

"Mom?" Millie called

"Millie what did I tell you?" She said walking towards her

"I know but I brought you food so you can eat" Millie said showing her the bag that had her salad in

"Well i dont want it so leave. And don't bother me okay" she said as she slammed the door on her face

Millie was in shock her mother has never acted like that to her. She has only ever acted like that when she was a child. Whenever Millie would get her clothes dirty or when she wouldn't listen to her 

Flashback 

Millie! Look at you! All wet and dirty, you look like a dirty rag! When will you understand to stop acting like a 3 year old. You need to start acting like a young lady for once." 

Honey calm down shes just a child" said her dad

She is almost 10 she needs to start acting like a proper young lady like all the other girls" argued Kelly

I'm sure she didn't mean it. Come on Millie lets go get you cleaned up" said her dad

End of flashback

She sighed and went back to the kitchen leaving the bag on the counter. She grabbed her food and went to her room. She sat on her bed and ate it while watching Netflix. After she finished her food she threw away the trash and started getting ready for bed. She washed her face, brushed her teeth, and got changed into her pajamas. She turned off the light and pulled her covers underneath her. The only thing left in her mind was hoping that tomorrow would be a better day and that hopefully she'll get answers.