Chapter 20

It was officially Christmas Millie woke up walking down the stairs in her robe to the big Christmas tree. She knew that it would be different this year. There were presents around the tree but there was no sign of her mother or father. 

"Debby have you seen my parents?" she asked to the older maid.

"Oh miss Millie i'm so sorry. Your parents got into a huge argument and your mom kicked your father out last night"

"Oh. Wh-Where is she?"

"She left early this morning but she left this for you" she says handing her an envelope. "Merry Christmas miss Millie" she says before walking away and leaving her alone

"Merry Christmas" she says softly. she opens the envelope taking out the paper that's inside.

Millie, I know that you must be confused right now but your father will no longer come home. I need some time alone. I'll be back by new years, you will be spending Christmas at the Wolfhards. I already talked to Ella and she said that she would be happy to have you over. Goodbye, i'll see you soon and Merry Christmas.

Not even an I love you

Tears fell down as she sobbed, she was alone. Her father had been kicked out, he didn't even say goodbye and her mother, she was running away from everything. Millie wiped her tears as she sniffled. She stood up putting the letter back in the envelope. 

"Debby, Emma" she yelled

"Yes Miss Millie"

"Gather up everyone that is her working" After 5 minutes everyone was in the same room.

"As you guys know my father isn't going to be living here with us anymore. And my mother is away so i have decided to let you guys go and be with your families." she began

"Miss-"

"It's okay." she says nodding.  "Don't worry my mother won't find out and you guys don't have to be back until new years eve." "Go enjoy Christmas" she says with a small laugh. They all say thank you to her and some hug her while the others get their stuff and leave. 

She would say goodbye as they left through the entrance. She sighs looking at the envelope and then at the tree filled with presents.

"Debby" she said as she saw her holding her luggage.

"Yes?"

"You've said that you have a huge family.. with a bunch of kids right?"

"Yes"

"I want you to take these presents to them"

"Oh no I couldn't"

"It's an order. I'll have Paul put them in the car and take you home."

"Thank you"

"It's nothing really. I should be thanking you for just always taking care of me." she says. Debby is the only maid who has been here the longest. She was the one who always took care of Millie when her parents were out on business trips. She watched her grow up and thinks of her as her own daughter.

Millie helped Paul and Debby put all the gold wrapped presents in the car and hugged them goodbye. She walked back into the house, feeling it empty. She went to her room and began to get ready. She took a nice rose petal bath and then took a shower using her vanilla scent shampoo, conditioner and body wash. She walked out with her robe on walking to her closet. She put on her red set undergarments and slipped on her red dress that had rhinestones at the neck line. She blow dried her hair and then curled it. She then sat in her vanity chair and did her makeup. She didn't do much, it was a natural look but added a bold red lip color. It was 4:00 p.m and the Wolfhard's weren't expecting her until 6 so she decided to finish wrapping other presents and then read.