Chapter 10

#PREM

I woke up and felt pain all over my body. My body feels stiff and my head is still very dizzy. I blinked a few times and realized that I was in the hospital.

"Are you awake?" Knott who sitting beside me, surprised me. I looked at him for a moment, and then tried to get up. "Don't move too much, stupid. Your body is still weak," Knott said again, while helping me lie down comfortably again. "Are you thirsty? Hungry? Or need something? Just tell me."

"I'm thirsty, Knott. Please get me some water," Knott immediately moved toward the table and poured water into an empty glass. After that, he also helped me to drink. "Thank you," I said. "How long have I fainted?"

"Since last night." Knott said.

I took a deep breath. "I thought, I had a nightmare last night," I said. And Knott looked at me sharply. "I know, I know. It's not a dream, right?"

"What are you talking about Prem?"

"Euh, forget it. I don't want to talk about it. Sorry, I'm troubling you, Knott."

"Well, you're used to troubling me after all. I'm used to being bothered by you and the others. So there's no problem for me." He said.

I smiled a little. "I know I can always count on you,"

"I just talked to the doctor, Prem. Last night, they did a CT scan on your head, because when you were rushed to the ICU, you had time to concious and told that you have a great pain in your head."

I paused to hear Knott's words. If that's true, that means now Knott already knows my true condition.

I see Knott rubbing his face while heaving a heavy sigh. His eyes glared at me as if asking for an explanation.

"Because you're silent, I think you already know. Am I right, Prem?"

I finally smiled at Knott, "Of course I know. This is my body. I can feel it."

"Do the surgery. You can still recover with surgery."

"Are you crazy Knott? Do you know what the risk is if I do surgery? I can lose my memory completely."

"Prem ... listen to me. You have to do it. This is for your own life, Prem."

"No, I won't to do it. I don't want to forget everything. I don't want to forget my family, forget you, forget Arthit, forget Bright and Toota, also my other friends ... I don't want to!"

"And most importantly, you don't want to forget Wad, is that what you mean?" Knott said sarcastically.

I paused for a moment. I then struggled to get up and change my position to sit.

"I told you not-,"

"I'm okay Knott." I interrupted Knott's sentence. Knott gave up and finally let me sit on the edge of my bed. "Knott, I can't do the brain surgery. I really don't want to lose all my happy memories. Because that's the only thing I have now, Knott."

"But if you don't do a surgery, you can lose your life, Prem! Do you know that?" Knott snapped and looked very angry with my behavior.

I was silent.

"Please don't be stubborn this time, Prem. Do the surgery, so you can get well."

"To be honest, if I can choose, I don't want to wake up today, Knott. Because I'm already very tired. I don't know how to deal with my life. It seems.. to die is a better choice for me."

"You stupid idiot !! Break up with a men like Wad is not the end of the world, Prem! Understand?! You deserve to get someone better than that bastard! Besides, this is the right opportunity, so you can forget him completely. Come with me to Japan, the doctor who is handling you, suggests a best specialist tumor brainstem in Japan, who can help you with your surgery. If you finally forget everything, we, your friends will help you remember everything again. We will stay beside you, when later you will start your new life, Prem. So you don't need to worry. Nothing will change in your life, except for one thing. That is about those bastard. I'll make sure to you, that you will never remember him again. You will never remember those terrible night. Everything will only be a nightmare that doesn't mean anything to you. I will guarantee. So please ... do the surgery. For the sake of your family, and also your friends. I beg you Prem ... "