BLACK PEARL- TAO PART 3

TAO’S POV

I heard him say her name... he knows her? D.O. knows her? How did he? When? Did he know her from somewhere? He knows she is a mermaid!

I looked at Dara who was shocked to see our Captain, I saw her shift her attention and looked at me as she released a sigh of relief.

“Tao!” I heard her speak my name, I stepped forward and smiled at her

I saw D.O. looking at me as he nodded and I nodded back, we left Dara with Lay as we walked out to the upper deck.

“Where did you find her?” I heard the Captain ask as I saw him looking out at the sea.

“When I was on my way back to the ship this afternoon, I fell off a cliff, I lost consciousness and when I woke up, she was there... she took care of my injured leg... it’s amazing! It’s already healed... it’s as if I didn’t hurt it!” I explained to him what had happened how she got shot.

There was silence between us... and then I heard him sigh...

“She is a mermaid... I have seen her before, where do I begin?”

I heard him ask,

“From the beginning.” I answered as I waited for him to continue,

“Back when I was a child... I went fishing with my father... I was small... I thought I was too young to remember... but when I saw her... when you were carrying her on board... there was something that triggered inside of me... a memory of days past”

I kept silent as I intended to listen to D.O’s story.

“My father would always tag me along whenever he feels like fishing... we would go out camping and exploring new lands... that was where I got my fascination for new worlds and new explorations... my father brought me to a place which he called Paradise... it was known for pristine, clear waters... the forest was abundant... full of fruit bearing trees... my father made a boat and decided to go fishing... when we reached the middle of the lake, we sat there for hours... I was getting bored when I saw that one of the rods was shaking uncontrollably... my father grabbed onto it and put all of his might into it and pulled it out... it was the biggest fish I had ever seen... I have never seen quite anything like it... I was surprised... cause the big fish had arms and hands like us... a face like us... it was a mermaid... a beautiful one... she was so scared and frightened... my father tried to calm her down... in the end he let her go... before he let her go... this mermaid gave my father a gift, as a sign of her gratitude for her freedom... it was THE BLACK PEARL, back then I thought it was just an ordinary piece of pearl... I didn’t know its worth... no one knew its worth, because no one has ever heard of it!”

After I heard this story from my Captain my eyes widened, thoughts were running through my head... had he met Dara before? Was Dara the mermaid they caught? Were mermaids immortal? There were a lot of questions going through my mind, and then I heard the Captain continue the story.