(·°3°·)

Jin's heart raced, pounding inside his broad chest. He was having a nightmare, and he really wished he wasn't.

Jin ran and ran, feeling something following him. It was dark, and he was alone. As he ran, he took in his surroundings. A forest, the moon was out but there were no stars in the sky. Jin ended up tripping over a log, his shoe strap got caught in a twig sticking out of it. He anxiously tried to pull his foot away, but the strap remained stuck. He looked up when he heard the deep growl, and looked up to be met with a pair of glowing red eyes.

Jin abruptly sprang up in his bed. He was in a cold sweat, tightening his hold on his comforter as his chest rose and fell quickly. His brown doe eyes were wide with fear as he whimpered. "Hyunsa?! Papa?!"

In a heartbeat, both were walking into Jin's room. "What's wrong, son?" His father asked.

"Had nightmare," Jin mumbled. "Monster tried to get me."

"I'll be right back." Hyunsa announced, running out of the room.

Jin's father sat on the bed, "Don't worry, Jin. As long as Papa's around, I'll make sure no one gets you.

Soon, Hyunsa was entering the room and spraying the area with a small spray bottle. "What are you doing?" Jin rubbed at his eyes.

Hyunsa proudly held out the spray bottle for Jin to see. It had a label on the side which read 'monster repellent'. It was only water and a drop of green food coloring, but Jin didn't need to know that.

"Does it really work?" Jin smiled hopefully.

"Mhm, one hundred percent."

"See? No more monsters." His father tucked Jin in again. "Goodnight, Jin." He said, and walked out of the room.

"Goodnight, Papa!" Jin did care for his father, and moments like these fortified his positive thoughts of him.

"All done!" Hyunsa said tiredly, and pat Jin's head. "Goodnight, Jinnie."

"Goodnight, Hyunsa. I love you!"

Hyunsa smiled fondly, "I love you, too, Jinnie." She walked out and turned the lights off.

Jin, now protected by 'Monster Spray' was comfortable in his blankets, and slowly dozed off to sleep.

The next morning, Jin woke up. He was excited to eat breakfast with Hyunsa, his father, too. It was the only time he got to really spend with his father. Otherwise, his father was gone almost everyday.

That didn't mean Jin wasn't unsupervised. Hyunsa was there, and a lot of henchmen. But it was always easy for him to sneak out every now and then. Yes, they were some of the toughest, smartest, and most skilled people in the area. But they had a soft spot for Jin. Besides, Jin could be sneaky sometimes, at least in his mind. Maybe the henchmen chose to let him sneak out for a little, or maybe Jin was just good at hiding.

Jin felt very young today, he didn't know what that meant. It reminded him of something his friend Jimin did, but at the moment, he just couldn't put his thin finger on it.

He didn't want to get dressed, he felt he couldn't do it by himself. So instead, he skipped down the stairs to breakfast. He made a game of not stepping on each one, and instead going down the steps hopping two at a time, like a bunny.

"Master Seokjin!" Hyunsa called from the kitchen, "Don't hop down the stairs! You'll get hurt."

"I told you, Hyunsa." Jin pouted as he sat down at the counter. "Don't call me 'master'."

Hyunsa turned and smiled at him with a hand on her hip, "I know, but it makes you mad, and you hopping down the stairs at ten am makes me mad. So we're even." Jin let out a 'hmph' and crossed his arms.