(°71°)

"Hey, Jinnie?" Minsu called from the doorway to his room. Jin looked up and nodded. "Me and the guards are going in the pool. You wanna play Marco Polo with us?" He took the wide grin and dash to the closet as a yes. "We'll be waiting out there!"

Jin hadn't gone outside in two months. How insane it drove him to not even be allowed in his backyard? You'd never come close. But the bitterness was put aside for now. The pool was calling. A warm day, the sun shining, water splashing.

He quickly changed into a pair of swim trunks and dashed through his house all the way to his backyard. A peaceful, happy scene was all to be seen. Hyunsa relaxing on a chair under an umbrella, a few guards playing volleyball, and other non threatening things all around. Almost as if they were normal people. Jin liked that idea.

He ran a few feet before a guard grabbed his arm and steadied him. "Jin, no running." He scolded, to which Jin could only bashfully nod. His inner kid always got the best of him.

The pool was no longer Jin-less as he jumped in. The goal of course being to make a splash large enough to startle Hyunsa. "Jinnie!" Hyunsa scolded. Bingo.

"He's here!" Donghyun, a guard, cheered. "Marco!" He called as he closed his eyes and searched around the pool.

It was almost comedic. These people could be classified as serial killers considering the amount of bodies they've amassed. Yet here they were, playing as harmless as ever.

"Polo!" Jin called as he swam away from the guard. The others giggled quietly as they avoided Donghyun. Eight dangerous men and women, the leader of one of the leading gangs of the country, and his son playing in the pool. Quite the sight.

The glistening water and warm heat calmed them all. Jin missed this. Although this wasn't a regular thing, every once in a while, they'd all get together like this. It hadn't happened in a bit, so this was welcomed with open arms. How cold he be bitter when he was back to having so much fun?

"Marco!"

"Polo!"

There was an eerily quiet minute there, where everyone stood still as to not make any sound.

"Where'd he go?" A guard whispered.

Her question was answered when she was suddenly dragged under the water with a yelp. A second later, Donghyun popped up. "I won!"

Yujin popped back out as well, breathing heavy. "Hey! You scared the soul out of me!"

Donghyun laughed, "Don't hate the player, hate the game."

Jin felt a tap on his shoulder. "Are you hungry, Jinnie?" Jiwoo, another guard asked. Jin shrugged his shoulder and nodded. "Want me to get you a snack?"

He shook his head. "It's okay. I'll just come with." Jin hopped out of the pool and shook his hair off.

"Hey! Don't just splash a man when he's relaxing!" A guard sat up, startled by the sudden whipping of water in his direction. Before Jin could even say sorry, the guard stood up. "Ooh! Are you getting snacks?"

Jiwoo nodded, "You can come with, Soobin."

The trio walked to a table covered with food. Everything looks appetizing when you get out of the pool. It was no surprise to see everyone scrambling to get whatever they could. Jiwoo served Jin a plate, and they sat down on a towel. The sun beating down on everyone felt like a warm hug.

Pretty soon, they'd all sat down to eat. Quiet and content, he smiled at them. They were family. It didn't matter how interchangeable many of them where. No, to Jin, they all meant something. They were friends. They weren't paid to be that way, just to be formal and do their job as hench people. Yet here they were, joking around and talking with each other, and Seokjin.