(°68°)

Jin's father walked through the hallway and almost passed Jin's room, but decided he'd take a little peep before making his way to his office. He hadn't been here in weeks. Lightly turning the doorknob, he poked his head through the doorway to find Jin peacefully sleeping in his bed.

There was a whole lot of stuffed animals on his bed and decorating the shelves above his head. Actually, stuffed animals were everywhere in the large room but he remembered Jin keeps his favorites on and around his bed. Minsu smiled fondly, spotting some stuffed animals he'd bought for him over the years thanks to the soft glow of his bedside lamp. Speaking of, that's a fire hazard.

He chuckled quietly and sighed. Minsu told Jin a million if not billion times to turn off his lamp when he goes to bed. Just because they were made of money didn't mean they were down with excessive electric use.

So he tiptoed as silent as a cat over to the bed. The dim light made him look a bit more like Mina due to the harsh shadows it created. Her soft features were still a bit sharper than his, but nonetheless her face was still in Jin's. When that thought passed his mind and his smile fell slightly, he shook his head to shake it off. Instead allowing the smile to return as he lightly pushed hair out of Seokjin's face, leaning down and gently pressing a kiss to his forehead. He tugged the chain on the lamp slowly hoping the click wouldnt wake him up.

When he was successful, -being a sneaky criminal for decades is very helpful when it comes to this stuff- he tiptoed out of the room and silently closed the door.

He kept walking and made it to his office, where he leaned against the door once he was inside. Minsu sighed. This isn't what Mina would want. He did love Jin. He does love him.

That's his son. But he doesn't love him as much as he should, like a father should love his son.

It's like his soul is too selfish to let go of her. As much as he cares for Jin, everyone in that house knows if he could switch him for her, he'd do it in a heartbeat. Her death made the distance between them. To him, it's never felt like Jin was his son. No matter how much time he spent with him, no matter how happy he'd be with him, he just couldn't click like that.

It's always felt like an uncle watching over their nephew. Sure, they love them. They're family and they're helping them grow up.

But when it comes down to it ; that uncle has their own priorities as well. Whether that's his own kids, his job, his hobbies, and so on.

To Minsu, Jin would just never surpass Mina. It didn't matter that she was dead. He knows they'd never click as father as son. At least, on his behalf.

A tear slipped out of his eye, which he quickly wiped away. She'd be sad to see Jin and him have the relationship they do. I can't believe I told him I didn't love him. He thought to himself.

He does. Just not in the way he should.

Jin waited for the click of the door closing before he sat back up. His chest felt warm, knowing his dad kissed his forehead. But someone else broke him out of his mind.

"Jin?" A muffled voice said.

He pulled the comforter up and hopped out, pulling his laptop out from underneath and quickly tiptoed to the farthest corner of his closet. "Yes?"

"What was that?"

Jin made himself comfortable on a sofa. He's lucky his closest was pretty much a small apartment. "Father came into my room so I had to shut the computer and pretend to sleep." Namjoon bit the inside of his cheek. "You have no right to be mad at him." Jin scolded.

"What?!"

"Shhh!" Jin held his finger up to his lips. That far in the closet, no one could hear him. But that would never stop him from being cautious.