(°76°)

Hyunsa stood infront of Seokjin when they heard footsteps approaching. No risks could be taken at a time like this.

"Jin, honey." She whispered. "I'm gonna check if the coast is clear. When I say so, you run to your room and hide under your bed. Do you understand?"

Jin shook his head, "Don't wanna leave you, Hyunnie."

She gave him a kiss on the forehead before pulling him in for a tight hug. His head nestled in the crook of her neck, he felt so loved in her arms. "You are so strong, Jinnie. You are sweet, and kind, and a spoiled little brat, and the damn cutest little thing I've ever seen. Don't you ever stop being who you are, okay? Stand up for yourself. Look at me, Jinnie." She held him by the shoulders while he sniffed. "Live life as best you can. Be as happy as you can be. Enjoy every single emotion life gives you. Live life how you want. Live your life, for me. Okay?"

Jin had a bad feeling about this. "Hyunnie, no-"

"Remember, Jinnie. You're the sun, but twice as bright." She blinked away tears as she kissed his forehead one last time and gave him a fond smile. She left the bathroom and head to the doorway of the room they'd been locked in.

"Come on, we need to get you out of here." Someone she didn't recognize as Minsu's men said. He unlocked the door and when she looked down, their regular guard was dead on the floor.

She was about to turn around and get Jin when they were interrupted. "Stop!" Soobin pointed his gun at them. He didn't wait for any words and just shot the other man on sight. Hyunsa put her hands up. "I don't wanna hurt you, ma'am. But I have orders, Hyunsa. Please, just cooperate so I don't have to hurt you."

She nodded and took a few steps toward him, leaving the room and entering the hall. "What way are we going?"

"Left."

She kept her hands up and walked infront of him. "Wait!" She turned around to face him, and twenty feet away, Jin shook his head in the hallway, stating at her in pain. He covered his mouth to silence himself. She gave a quick nod. "Jin! They took him downstairs!" Soobin repeated that into the walkie talkie and led Hyunsa away. When they turned the corner, she gave Jin the most sincere smile of her life. Her eyes told him she loved him. His said the same thing.

Jin covered his mouth to keep the cries at bay and ran off through the halls, avoiding the guards easily since they seemed to be on the lower floors. He made it to his room and and quietly closed the door, locking it and falling limply to the floor. But now was no time to cry. He needed to think.

Hyunsa told him to hide under his bed, but was that really safest? There was a small panic room the size of a walk in closet, ironically in his giant walk in closet. But that would be too easy. He wasn't sure how many people knew about it, so he didn't want to take that risk. Jin always wanted to listen to Hyunsa, but this time, he just couldn't.

Seokjin ran into his closet and went for an ottoman couch sat in the corner. The stitching made it impossible to notice, but the top opened. It was empty, thanks to Jin emptying it a few weeks ago. He wanted to put clothes from when he was younger in it. Thank God he never got around to doing so. Quietly, he climbed in and reached above, closing the lid and laying still inside.

Now, he could cry.

All he wanted was to live his life. Not inside these four walls. He found love and he was happy about it, but he didn't think it'd take this much to keep it. His chosen family was ripped apart.

Back with Soobin, Hyunsa was still being led to another area. "We're almost there, the car will take you somewhere safe." She nodded at him but quickly widened her eyes. He realized something was happening but before he could turn around, the butt of a gun crashed down on him hard. He knocked out, falling limply to the floor.

Namjoon stood before her, covered in blood. Which was better? She wasn't sure. Hoping it was someone else's blood or his own. Both were chilling things she didn't want to think about.

"Where's Jin?"

Hyunsa teared up just from the mention of his name. "Why should I tell you? You're the reason we're even in this mess."

He sighed. He got it. He earned it. But still, he wouldn't let anything stand between them. "Like you said ; he's the sun, but twice as bright. For me, he's the light. One that's never shined so brightly. Look where we are." He held his hands up, signaling all the bloodshed. "And I'd do it a million times for him."

Hyunsa smiled, warm and bittersweet. "He's in his room."

Namjoon turned around and jogged, about to look for that cute room, but heard a scream that made him stop and turn around.

It was all so fast, he didn't even process the firing of the bullet or the sounds of movement. The heat of the moment was overwhelming. One can only handle so much at a time.

He saw Hyunsa clutch at her stomach and drop to her knees. Soobin had the gun pointed right at Namjoon and fired a second round. Namjoon managed to dodge it and fire in return. Right in the head. The force sent the body slamming back to the ground.

Namjoon ran to her and dropped to his knees. "Oh my God, Hyunsa why'd you take that?" He held her head in his lap.

"He was aiming at you," she choked out. "Couldn't let him take you out after all of this." Her dry chuckle sent shivers down his spine. "Not if it meant Jin would be alone."

Namjoon felt tears hit his cheeks. His own. "I'm so sorry, Hyunsa. I didn't mean for this mess to happen."

"Liar." She laughed, "You knew what you were doing going after your rival's kid. You cheeky bastard." Amidst this, she was still joking around. Hyunsa decided she wasn't going to let her last moments be sad. "But I get it, you didn't mean for it to go like this. Agh!" She groaned as a sharp pain went through her lung. Her hand went up and cradled Namjoon's cheek. "Just go get him. Take care of him with your life, okay? Tell him "Hyunnie love him always." Okay?" She smiled when he nodded, "Now go."

"I can't leave you li-"

"Go, Namjoon." She teared up, "There's nothing for me now. Go get him." She gave his cheek a pat and sighed, letting herself relax.

He set her down and sighed, before getting up. He had to get to Seokjin. For her.

×××
Happy new year!!!!!!

Howdy yall

Ace dropped a remix of their song Favorite Boys with Steve Aoki so go check it out rn >:(

Idk what to say hope yall not mad bought this cliff hanger :p

Anyways yes!

Wear your mask

N O T P R O O F R E A D

Thanks xoxo