(°39°)

"Jin?" Hyunsa called as she walked into his room. He sat on his bed, making little bracelets out of string. "Your father just called to let you know he'll be spending next week here for business. I think that means he wants to see how you've been doing, but also actual business will probably be his main focus."

Jin felt his heart begin to race. Should he really be excited to see his father? Or was he just too naive to realize it was anxiety? "What about the garden party?" He asked, not looking up from his threading and looping of string.

"That'll be Friday, but he made sure to ask the tailor to bring both a suit and a dress for reference, in case you pick one or the other. Your father said he should be giving you the best fabric, and if he doesn't, to let him know." Saying that always sent shivers down her spine. To speak the words of the head Kim was to speak the words of comfort turned cruel.

"When is the tailor coming?"

Hyunsa glanced at her watch, "In about an hour. I'll be in the study with you for it. I'll come get you when he's here, alright?" He nodded, happily tying the ends of the string into a knot. As Hyunsa moved to get out, he stopped her.

"Hyunnie?"

"Hmm?"

He held up the bracelet, "It's for you." His smile was a small, shy one. He didn't know why he was suddenly shy about a gift for her, it's never happened to him. But for once, he was antsy, anxious to know if she'd like it.

She gave him a grin and held her arm out for him to place the bracelet on. With a slide on her wrist, a warmth radiated from her chest. "I love it, Jin." She kissed his forehead, "Thank you, baby." He could only grin before hopping off the bed and scuttering off to get ready.

She was a trusting woman, but that didn't mean she wasn't going to snoop around while Jin was in the shower. The strange feeling in her chest as she went through his texts with Namjoon was just something she couldn't put her finger on. Yes, snooping through his phone was wrong. But in her defense, she just couldn't resist. What if Namjoon had been manipulating him? What if Namjoon had been giving him love and affection?

When she heard the doorbell ring, she scurried downstairs, led the tailor to the room next door, and brought Jin into the room. The tailor was very friendly and tame while he measured Jin, and made sure to give small talk while he sewed. Jin was eager to talk to a new person, and smiled as the dress was fitted to his body.

"So, what are you thinking, sir?" The tailor asked, kneeling at Jin's feet to measure where he'd need to make adjustments. "Gown or suit?"

Jin hummed, "I think suit."

With a clap of his hands, the tailor smiled as he stood up. "Great! I was leaning towards that but I wasn't going to push it. Your legs would just look so lean and long in these pants, everyone should envy you. If they don't ; then I haven't been doing my job right, have I?" Jin chuckled quietly, as he wondered if Namjoon would think he looked nice in the suit.

He snapped a picture, which Hyunsa pretended not to see, and sent it to Namjoon. When he set his phone down and wiggled out of the suit, bidding fair well to the tailor, she felt a cold shiver slip through her body. Why did she have such a bad feeling about everything? But like everything, she tried to brush it off. It was getting colder around here, maybe it was just the air conditioning in the house changing up on them. If it wasn't, then she'd just find something else to blame it on.

Jin walked into his room, closing the door behind him with the lock, and jumping right into a fresh night gown. Yes, he did just wake up around an hour ago, but that wasn't going to stop him.

Namjoon
Mmm

Namjoon
You look nice

Jin
Just nice?