5. Nick

He doesn't respond. He's not sure what he wants to say. He's not sure how he feels. His mind feels like it is literally buzzing. Fuck, why did he have to get high tonight? It really dampens his argument skills.

Although if he hadn't been so high, he doesn't know how anyone would have kept him from beating the shit out of 'Evan'. And even in his current state, he knows that would have been a mistake.

Bailey walks to her sink on the other side of room, and he watches her as she rests one hand on the edge in order to keep from falling over as she takes her shoes off one at a time. The entire act is incredibly seductive but looking at her face, it's obvious that Bailey doesn't realize it.

Despite what transpired in the last hour, Nick finds himself inexplicably drawn to her. Had he actually said that he wanted to break up with her? That was fucking crazy.

He walks slowly over to where she is standing, giving her every opportunity to tell him to freeze. He turns her body and stands behind her, looking at the two of them in the mirror.

Her shirt is even softer than it looks as he runs his hand along her stomach, making her breath catch as she holds eye contact with him in their reflection. "Nick, I love you."

He doesn't want to talk anymore.

He closes his eyes and is transported to the closet in Bee's old house—the encounter that started it all.

He begins kissing the side of her neck and slides his hand up her smooth thighs, moving to the inner portion when he gets higher.

"Tell me to stop," he says into her ear. It's the same words he said to her before one of the best moments of his life.

And just like before, she doesn't say anything. She knows she wants this, just like she did when they were playing hide and seek. Her body knew what she wanted before her mind did.

Maybe he needs to stop listening to his mind so much, too. He knows he should trust her, that she does truly love him, that she would never hurt him, but then his brain always gets in the way—reminding him that he doesn't deserve her.

He opens his eyes as he trails up her skirt, dragging it up to her hips, and slides his hand between her legs, rubbing along her panties. They are almost non-existent but already so wet. When he looks at her again, he sees her biting her bottom lip. She's trying not to make a sound, just like when they were in the closet.

Had he said his thoughts out loud? Or is she just able to read his mind? Nothing would surprise him right now.

He pushes the thin material to the side and inserts his finger into her. She still doesn't make a sound even though he can see the satisfaction on her face.

She turns her face toward him with her eyes close, running her nose along his jaw. Her hand travels up his neck until she grips into his hair, knocking his hat down his back and onto the floor. The last time they were in this position, it was total darkness. And now, he has a front row seat.

"Look, Bailey."

She opens her eyes but doesn't look in the mirror. He halts his movements, causing her to whimper. "Nick, please."

"I want you to watch while you come. It is so beautiful."

She slowly turns her face toward the mirror, and Nick continues his progress, adding a second finger and finding her bundle of nerves with the heel of his hand. Her head falls back onto his shoulder, but when she closes her eyes again, he stops.

She groans and reluctantly opens them once more, and he watches her watch herself. Her eyes are hooded, her lips are parted and now she is holding her breath like she always does when he brings her over the edge.