30. Nick

She is better than him. In every way.

He would have completely lost his shit had the situation been reversed tonight, and because she didn't, he made four times the amount of tips he would have otherwise.

When the girls returned downstairs, the vibe had visibly changed. One girl immediately walked to the bar and told them, "You guys were more entertaining than they were. I don't think guys in g-strings are really our thing."

The crowd gathered around the bar for drinks, but the enthusiasm was gone. Nick could tell the night was going to be done soon.

Until Bailey stepped in.

"Nope! I won't accept this!" She proclaimed over the girls' muffled voices. "This party just started. Nick, Cam, let's get some shots going."

She walked to the stereo, which was currently playing a song that would have been perfect to fall asleep to, and searched the iPod for a few seconds before "Pour Some Sugar on Me" started blaring.

Cam and Nick distributed some Hurricane shots, and Bailey made another toast. "Here's to those who wish us well, all the rest can go to hell!"

The girls all started dancing, and Nick saw Bailey pull the Maid of Honor to the side. They whispered something to each other, and the other girl got on her phone. Then Bailey was back to business as usual on the dance floor.

Nick forgot about the interaction until thirty minutes later when a group of guys walked down the stairs. Based on the bride's reaction to the scrawny dude with thick glasses, he could only assume it was the groom and his bachelor party.

Soon they were all co-mingling, and Nick and Cam were busier than ever. The new group that joined them still had money to burn and tipped generously. And the party that Nick thought was over, ended up lasting another two hours.

Nick and Cam are cleaning up behind the bar while Bailey counts their tips. She divides it in half and hands each boy a stack of bills an inch thick.

"You should take some," Cam says. "We probably wouldn't have half of this without you."

"No!" Bailey says firmly. "I had such a good time tonight. I couldn't take any."

"No way," Cam argues. Nick wants to tell him it's a lost cause. Once Bailey makes up her mind, he's not going to change it.

"Yes. I got free alcohol and got to see you boys dance on the bar. That's all the payment I need."

"So how'd you know to call the groom?"

She shrugs and glances at Nick. "Sometimes a girl just needs her man."

"Just so you know, I'm calling you for our next job. We could always use a hype man—or woman."

"I'd love that!"

Cam sticks his hand out to shake. "Deal. Now I gotta go. I have a bachelorette waiting for me upstairs."

"Have fun." Bailey giggles and turns to Nick. "You ready?"

"Very."

They hold hands walking home and don't see another soul. It is three o'clock in the morning and all the bars close at one, so most people have found their ways home by now.

"I'm glad you called me," Bailey says. "And I'm glad I was here to answer your call."

"Why? So you could see me humiliate myself?"

"Yes," she answers deadpan. "But if it makes you feel better, none of those girls are going to remember any of this tomorrow."

"You know? That actually does make me feel better. But the question is, are you going to remember?"