Episode 14: My 18th Birthday

Wheein POV

"OK, thank you for telling and umm... Happy Birthday Wheein-ah"

His voice, his eyes, his nose, his lips, his entire face, his everything. I miss him.
The man I love since my childhood days is in front of me again. His facial features are now very different from all my paintings. He looks so matured and taller than before.
I can't even open my mouth to start a conversation. I just gave him a smile when he greeted me.

Taehyung excused himself to look for my brother. He left and went to the kitchen.
Jungkook is still here beside me and I think he knew my feelings.

"Wheein-ssi, you're so obvious," Jungkook told me with teasing eyes.
"Huh? Hahaha." I just laugh and scratched my head
"Don't tell anyone, especially my brother. It's a secret" I finally told him. He just smiled and went around to enjoy the evening.

The party started and I swear this is the happiest day ever. I like how Hoseok oppa arranged the event. All the people here are from our closest family and friends only which makes it a lot more memorable. There wasn't a program, coz I hate those shits. After the dinner, the party already started. My mom and my aunties stayed on the third floor and we, the younger ones started partying on the first floor.
There is loud party music and I saw many people enjoying the dance floor. I tried to dance but I was so shy. If only Hyejin and Jimin are here now then I can shamelessly shake my body here. Those two suddenly went missing after he dragged her outside the garden. I can't see them inside the house and I think they're fighting again.

I stayed at the side of the living room while watching all those people dancing. Then someone tapped my shoulder.

"Wheein-ah, hello" Taehyung gave me a cocktail and I happily accepted it.
"Thanks," I said while widely smiling at him.
"How are you? Umm... Long time no see" he said and scratched his forehead. I can feel the awkwardness between us again. The same awkwardness when we were in Daegu Highlands.
"Ahh, ya... It's been so long..." I just said while looking at him
"I miss you," I said and I was so shocked. My eyes widen after I said those words.
Taehyung was a bit surprised too and I can feel that my cheeks are burning. I drink the cocktail and tried to avoid his look.
"I miss you more," he said but then someone called my attention.

"Everyone listen up. We have a special guest here tonight" everyone claps and shouts. Hyejin went up to my mini stage to introduced someone.
"Please welcome the most talented underground rapper. Min Yoongi"
"Woooooooooh!!!!" Everyone cheered after Yoongi went to the stage.
"Waaaaaaa. Omo omo!!! Daebak. Min Yoongi is here? On my birthday" I hysterically jumped in front of him. I wasn't able to control my excitement because I'm a huge fan of that man.
"Wheein-ah, enjoy your night, he is my gift to you," Hyejin told me using the microphone. I gave Hyejinie 2 thumbs up and I was just so happy. Then Yoongi starts rapping.
"Do you like him?" Taehyung asked me and I answered him right away
"Yes, yes I like him. Neomu neomu" I said while enjoying Yoongi's rap. But then, I looked at Taehyung and he's quite sad. His expression changed drastically and I don't know why.
"He's our friend," he said
"Mweo? You know him? So, that means Hoseok oppa knows him too?" I said and I almost cried because of too much excitement. It's my dream to have a signature and a picture with him.
"Daebak, I really liked him since he's still a rookie and you tell me he's your friend?" I was so happy until I feel that Taehyung wasn't feeling it.
He just nods wearing his poker face again. I really hate when he's in that mood. It's scary as hell.

"Waeyo Taehyung-ah? Are you OK?"
"No, I'm not"
"Why?"
"I thought you like me"

What? Did I hear him wrong?

"Of course I like you"

We were both standing there and looking at each other's eyes then silence suddenly occurs.