Chapter 3: Love Letter

Wheein POV

Why the hell did he have my love letter? From what I remember, I didn't have the chance to give it to him and will never ever give it again even if an opportunity comes but... why does he have it now? I hide it under my pillow last night? What's happening?

I am sitting on the stairs with many questions inside my head when the front door opened. I was startled when Taehyung came in and harshly get his jacket to me.

"Wheein-ah, did you see something in here?" He asked me while checking his jacket but I immediately hide the paper in my pocket.
"No,  I just took it from the chair..." I lied
He's looking at me and a moment of silence occurs. Not long after, Hoseok oppa broke the silence and then he finally spoke.

"Yaaaah!!! Taehyung hurry!!! We need to go now" my brother shouted from his car outside the house.
"Nae, hyung! Wait a minute!" He shouted back and look at me again.
"Thanks" he just said while looking directly into my eyes and run out of the house with his jacket in his hand.

I was confused with what just happened. Did he secretly read my letter?
"But how did he get this?" I said silently while looking at the paper that has my babyish handwriting.

This is where everything starts. Because of this letter, the whole school knew about my feelings for him and apparently, he learned about it.

It was during the second half of my first year in middle school when I confirmed that he knew about my letter and that was also the time when I found out that he was my brother's friend.

[FLASHBACK]
-2 years ago-

"Hyejin-ah we need to study for the exam tomorrow. You said that you want to beat Jimin in this preliminary examination right? so in order for you to do that, you need to put in some effort. Come with me to the library now" I encouraged my best friend Hyejin to accompany me to the library because I wanted to start to study as well. I suddenly realized that I never focused on my study that's why I'm always in the J class.

"Ahh, Wheein-ah, you know I just said that because I was annoyed at him. As if I can really beat him" Hyejin said
"Yes, you can. Nothing is impossible as long as you try.  Let's go and after we study now, I can assure you that you can slap your perfect test paper to Jimin's face"
"Wah, you're quite optimistic Wheein-ah"
"Kaja"

-In the Library-

We went inside the library laughing and we were immediately shushed by the old librarian.

"You two are here again to make noises," she said and we just gave her a teasing smile.

Hyejin and I looked for a seat near the computer area. We started to put out our textbook from our bag and Hyejin begins to scan every page without even reading.

"Yah, Hyejin-ah, stop doing that. Come on let's teach each other"
"You want us to teach each other? Are you serious?"
"Yes... Why not?" I innocently said
"OK, so what do you know about history?" she said while waiting for my answer

A moment of silence...

"Ahm...about the Joseon Era? Hmm... I don't know... You know what? Maybe we can just start with Math?" I said while scratching my head. I hate history because I am really bad at memorizing past events and I find history a boring subject.

Then, I opened my math book but only start staring at it too. The moment I laid my eyes on the different equations, my eyes starts to get blurry.

"What the hell is a square root? This was never been taught" I silently said to Hyejin while focusing on the book

"It was taught when we were in 6th grade" I heard a male voice behind my back.
I was shocked when I saw Taehyung standing behind us and I can feel my heartbeat fast again.