thirty-six: he'll come back to you

"You don't just leave without saying goodbye! You know what? Just leave me alone... or stay where you are and don't come back!" I yell into the phone, leaving a voicemail before hanging up.

"Okay, I didn't mean that. I'm just upset that you didn't even tell me you were going away again. I know you're not gonna call me, but I really wish I could hear your voice right now, telling me that you'll be okay and that I shouldn't worry... I love you Damian, please be safe," I cry into the phone this time, throwing it onto the end of my bed.

I hate that he left. I don't understand why he didn't tell me anything. This makes me worry even more, and yet, he hates when I worry about him leaving.

And now I feel like something is going on with my father. He's never been on business trips for this long and constantly. My mother couldn't even look me in my eyes when she said he 'extended' his trip.

I don't understand what is going on, but I know someone is lying or something is definitely wrong.

~~~

Four days. Four days since Damian disappeared with Gabriel. The guys are still here but they have no idea where Damian, Gabriel and their father is. I know the guys will find out once they return, but of course no one will tell me anything. All I can do is sit and wait.

         "Elle?" Axel calls out to me.

         "What?" I avert my eyes from him, looking down at my food. It's Friday and we're all having lunch at our usual table.

         "You don't need him to make you happy-"

         "Axel! You're not suppose to say that!" Alexis kicks Axel's foot. "Don't listen to him," Carlisle adds. "We are all here to help you stop worrying about Damian," he continues.

         "How about we have a movie night at my house?" Mateo offers.

         "I don't feel good. You guys could-"

         "Elle, we're doing this for you," Mateo smiles. "Please come with us," Everleigh grabs Mateo's hand, squeezing it tightly.

         "I'll... let you know you if I feel better," I give them a soft smile. The bells rings, and I decide to go to my locker to grab my things and go home. I tell Axel, to tell my teachers that I'm not feeling well and that I won't be in class for the rest of the day. As I'm filling my bag with my books Carlisle and Mateo walk up to me.

         "Don't you two have class right now?" I ask them, closing my locker door and picking up my bag to sling it onto my arm. "We do," Mateo smiles.

        "But we wanted to make sure you were feeling okay," Carlisle explains.

        "I'm fine guys. I'm gonna go home and sleep," I say.

        "Let us drop you off then," Mateo grabs my bag from my arm and Carlisle puts his arm around my shoulder, walking me to the parking lot. "Guys, I'll be fine. I can take the bus," I try to assure them.

        "That's great that you can take the bus but-"

        "We want to take you to you house and make sure you get home safe," Mateo explains.

        "Thanks... but-"

        "No buts, now shut up and accept our offer," Carlisle says. "Fine" I rolls my eyes and follow them to their car.

        "We should let her pick the song today," Mateo nudges Carlisle who is in the passenger seat. "It's your car dude, that's all up to you," Carlisle tells him.