thirty-nine: who is she anyways?

"My feet hurt! Can we go find a table now?" Alexis whines. Everyone nods their head and walks into the main hall, admiring all the décor.

         "I see an empty table," Carlisle points out, as we all follow him to take a seat.

         "How does a tree represent the mask theme?" Gabriel asks looking at us.

         "Does it look like we know the answer? We didn't help decide on anything involved with prom," Alexis answers.

         "I like it though," I add. It's a really nice gold tree with white flowers on it. They even put gold masks on the table in front of every seat. I pick one of the masks up and hold it over my face turning to look at Damian. He stares at me with a serious expression as I attempt to turn his frown upside down.

With the mask that only covers my eyes I ask, "where did Elle go?" Then I remove the mask from my face and say, "there she is!" I do it repeatedly until Damian begins to crack and starts to laugh at me acting like an idiot. His laughter slowly begins to fade when he notices something across the room, that catches his attention. I observe as he begins to squint his eyes, glaring directly at someone...

Damian's P.O.V

How the hell, did he get into here? This kid doesn't even go to our school anymore.

And he has a date.

What the f-

           "Damian!" Elle snaps me out of my thoughts. "Who are you staring at? Are you okay?" She asks looking around until her eyes stop moving when she notices who I was glaring at.

           "I didn't know Nick we capable of buying a ticket," Elle says looking back at me. I'm surprised she's not as upset as I thought she would be. "I like his date's dress," she adds.

           "Who is she anyways?" Everleigh joins in asking.

           "I don't know, she's wearing a mask genius," Alexis rolls her eyes.

           "Okay but, her dress is cute, and a little too similar to Elle's, don't you think?" Rosalie asks.

She's right, it is similar. I don't know if this style is in but, my girl looks better in this dress than that chick.

And I'm not just saying that because she's my girl.

           "I'm going to go to the bathroom," Elle announces to us. She looks at the girls but they shake their head, as if she mentally asked them if they wanted to go as well. I watch as Elle stands up and walks out into the main lobby.

I lean over to Mateo to whisper, "keep an eye out for him. Don't make it obvious or anything because I don't want to ruin the girls night." Mateo nods and continues his conversation with Everleigh.

Elle's P.O.V

As I walk out of the toilet stall and over to the sink to wash my hands, I notice Nick's date walk into the bathroom. I watch as she removes her mask and fixes her hair, until her eyes look up to catch me staring at her. 

I blink and smile at her, "I love the dress."

           "I love yours too," she chirps with a big smile on her face. "Elle right?" She walks over, placing her mask on the counter.

           "Yeah, how did you know?" I ask a little confused because I don't remember meeting her before.

           "I was at your birthday party. We bumped into each other," she explains. I barely remember anything from that night, but her face is slowly starting to appear in my mind.