thirty-eight: let me pop open the champagne

"Is this how it's going to be on your wedding day?" Gabriel inquired fixing his black tie over his white collar shirt, before slipping on his black suit jacket.

"My wedding? Who says I'm getting married first?" I turn to look at Gabriel. He smiles, "you've been in a relationship longer than me."

"How much you wanna bet, I'll get married first," Axel smiles. We all turn to him and laugh at his comment. "Find a girl and then we'll believe you," I tell him, fixing my red bow tie on my white collar shirt before putting on my black suit jacket.

Mateo, Carlisle and Axel finish fixing their ties and begin to put on their suit jackets; trying to make sure they look as presentable as possible. "Why do you guys look so nervous?" Gabriel laughs at them.

         "Maybe it's because we're going to prom with a date," Mateo rolls his eyes.

         "Just treat it like those fancy dinners or parties and shit that we go to," Gabriel suggests.

        "This isn't just a party or whatever, we have dates," Mateo says.

         "Not all of us," Gabriel looks at both Axel and Carlisle before turning back to the mirror. Carlisle rolls his eyes before checking his phone.

         "Dude, you got the roses for us?" Axel asks me.

"Yeah, you can grab it when we go downstairs. I don't know why Gabriel keeps staring at himself for so long," I roll my eyes at Gabriel who is gwaking at himself right now.

"What are the roses for?" Gabriel turns around and asks. Mateo walks over and pats his back, "you'll see man."

"Why can't you people just tell me?" Gabriel requests, but instead the guys and I ignore him and make our way down; since the limo guy is waiting for us.

"Mi bebé está todo crecido!" My mother tears up looking at me.

"Mamma, usted me ha visto en un traje antes de," I walk over to hug her.

"I know but, it's your prom," she smiles. She looks over to Mateo who's crossing his arms and watching us, "Mateo, you look handsome too," she calls out.

He smiles, "garcias, Natalia."

"De nada," my mother says before turning to look back at me. "And where's Gabriel?" She asks.

"Did someone say Gabriel!" He yells walking down the stairs and poses once he reaches the main room. I roll my eyes at him as he walks over to put his arm around my shoulder. "Don't we look adorable mamma and papa?" He asks.

Papa turns around to look at us carefully, "stop trying to think you're a movie star." I laugh at his comment and push Gabriel's arm off my shoulder. "Enjoy your night boys," my father raises his wine glass to us before he drinks it.

"We will papa," I answer before looking down at my watch and realizing that it's getting late. "Let's go guys," I announce to them.

"Let me take a picture of you boys before you leave... and make sure you guys take lots of pictures with your dates! I expect to see an album full!" My mother requests.

My mother takes a couple of pictures of the guys and I before we hop into the limo to take us to Elle's house.

After blasting music to hype us up- no not backstreet boys- party music. If that makes sense...

Anyways, once we arrive to Elle's house, each one of us step out of the limo and stand outside. I can see Elle's big head peeping us from a window on the second floor. She quickly steps back once our eyes come into contact. When I look down at the front door, I see her parents and brother walk out to see us.