forty-nine: it wasn't Damian

"Why don't we just swim down the lake? It's so hot to be sitting in this damn raft!" Everleigh complains from a raft across the lake.

            "Then hop out, but you'll have the drag the raft with you," I tell her. She looks like she's about to pass out.

It's been two hours since we've been floating in this river. It's not deep so sometimes we take a dip in the water before getting back in the raft. It's a good thing we all wore our swimsuits.

We each have our own raft so everyone is scattered in the lake right now.

"I can do this all day," I say, laying back in the raft enjoying the sunshine and scenery.

"If we were in the same raft, I would say the same thing," Damian calls out from not to far away from me.

I look up and take off my glasses to look at him. He smiles and tries to paddle closer to me but I paddle away laughing at him.

"I'm gonna make a pit stop at one of these little islands," Axel calls out.

"Why?" Everleigh asks.

"I need to piss, if you really needed to know," he yells pulling his raft on the island so that it doesn't float away.

He disappears behind a bush and we all decide to ditch him and row away.

"Wait does that mean when I need to pee, I'll have to pee in a bush too?" Alexis asks looking disgusted.

I shrug my shoulders, "I guess so."

Everleigh immediately starts paddling faster.

"Babe, where are you going?" Mateo asks her.

"I'm trying to get to the end faster so I don't have to pee in a damn bush," she cries rowing faster.

I laugh looking at her struggle until she hits a rock and flips over in the water. Mateo jumps out and swims to help her although the water is literally up to her knees.

"I'm going to take a nap. Wake me up when we arrive," Rosalie yells. She ties a rope connecting her raft to Carlisle's so, he can pull her along with him.

I look around watching as everyone is doing their own thing. Rosalie's sleeping while Carlisle is rowing for the both of them. Axel just got back in his raft and now he's rowing to catch up to us. Everleigh looks like she's trying to drown Mateo and Damian and Alexis are fighting with each other using their paddles.

I notice Gabriel drifting further away from us since he's in the front. I decide to row closer to check up on him.

"How's it going?" I smile hitting my paddle on his raft.

"I've never been so relaxed before, especially with everything going on," he sighs looking up on that blue sky and lush green trees that surround us.

"I think we'll find a way to ruin them," I try to comfort him, especially with what he has been through in the past. He's probably worried that it might happen to him again.

"The thing is... this time you girls are involved. Before it was just myself, my brother and his friends. Now I have a girlfriend, and so does Damian and Mateo and we have Rosalie too... there is just so much more at stake," he turns to look at me.

I guess I never thought about it. Before it was just these guys and their parents but now all of us are involved and so is our parents... although they may not know it.