forty-three: it's her.

I decide to check on Rosalie and Alexis. I slightly open the door to find them both fast asleep. I pull the door in but not completely, leaving a slight space. I walk over to a closet, grab what I need and quietly make my way back down.

"No one answered," Mateo walks into the living room scratching the back of his head.

I shrug my shoulders, "it's okay, I'm pretty sure they're probably close-"

*bang bang

I look at Mateo as he looks right back at me. "Let me open it just in case," he says walking slowly towards the door.

*bang bang

"Outside is cold!" We hear yelling coming from the other side of the door. I roll my eyes, as I watch Mateo open the door for Axel, Carlisle and Gabriel.

"No kidding, it's 2 in the morning, outside is freezing," Mateo shakes his head. Canadian summer nights are not always warm.

"Where's Damian?" I asking looking at all three of them. Mateo turns to watch the guys as well.

"He drove separately. He said he'll meet us here," Gabriel answers shrugging his shoulders.

Damian's P.O.V

I know she'll be calling me, wondering where the hell I am but I know I have to do this.

In 800 meters, your destination is a head on the right.

Destination.

I park next to the curb on the road and step out of my car. This is house is way too nice, but then again she can afford it.

As I walk closer to the front door, it opens revealing a black shadow figure of a woman with mid-length hair.

          "Woah, I never thought you would actually show up," she says as she slowly walks out into the light on her porch.

I never thought I would see her again.

I walk closer slowly as she continues to talk. "I missed you so much D," Davina chirps.

D was one of her nicknames for me.

           "Why are you back?" I ask as I stop in my tracks to keep a distance from her.

          "Awe babe, I thought you would be happy," she smiles walking closer.

         "Why would I be happy when-"

I stop talking when she places a hand on my cheek, caressing it with her thumb. "Davina-"

        "Damian, I'm sorry," she apologizes in a whisper that sounded very sincere.

But I don't buy it for a second.

I continue to stare into her eyes and I remember how much she meant to me. She was my everything. Every time I was upset or anything horrible happened, I would stare into her eyes and feel safe, but now all I see is something cold, and heartless.

That's how I was when we broke up and my life went spiraling down.

I slowly take my hand and remove hers from my face.

          "You ruined my life, my brother's life, my family business, everything, and you expect me to forgive you?" I ask calmly.

I don't know why I'm so calm right now.

"Babe we can get through this. We're both tough-"

"I'm not your 'babe', I have a girlfriend. I finally moved on so you can leave me the hell alone-"