DM Me Again

Ember's POV

Ugh, I roll over and stretch as I hit the off button on my alarm. Seeing another Twitter notification from Ashton Irwin as I do. An involuntary grin crossing my face.

Ashton Irwin
Feb. 11, 2019 10:37pm
Hello Ember, Sorry I missed your message back in July, but with hundreds come in daily it's hard to keep up. I was going to message you to let you know how adorable the boys and I found the video of your little girl. But now I feel compelled to also ask if life has gotten any better for you. Loneliness and I are very good friends, and I hate to see any of my fans feeling alone if I can help.

Feb. 12, 2019 5:44am
Thank you for reaching out. I posted the video because it was cute to me. I never imagined you would see it or be so impressed by it. I am still lonely, but it might be a good lonely now. When I sent that message I was in a very depressed stage, and didn't have anyone to turn to really. Life has improved some since. Thank you for caring so much about your fans, it means a lot.

By the time I get out of the shower there's a new notification on my phone,

Feb. 12, 2019 5:55am
It's good to hear life is improving for you. Can I ask why you were and are lonely?

Feb. 12, 2019 6:12am
Long story short. Single mom living 700 miles from family and home. I only have one close friend in California and it's hard to make new friends with a 1 year old on my hip. Why are you up so early, you're a rock star, don't you get to sleep whenever you want?

"Come on, Pai, we have to get ready for daycare." I gently shake my little girl awake.

"Mommy." She grins, wrapping her tiny arms around my neck.

"I miss you too, princess. Basketball season is almost over, then we will play lots more okay. But let's get you dressed and ready for school."

Ashton's POV

I can't help but smile when I see Ember has replied again to my message.

"Seriously, I get to deal with all three of you being whipped pussy's now. Texting and calling your girls constantly." Calum glares at me, having caught my grin.

"She's not my girl. We've exchanged four messages." I retort.

"This girl's replying to you?" Luke asks.

"Yes. Why is that so shocking?"

"Just make sure she isn't crazy, okay."

"I will. Relax, you guys are acting like I've never chatted to someone before." I turn back to my phone ignoring the band.

Feb. 12, 2019 12:23pm
What brought you to California if everything you know is so far away? Also being a rock star means very early mornings sometimes. This morning included. Working in the studio to get 5sos4 out.

"Luke, Cal, we need you two in the booth." One of the producers calls into the room. I stretch out on the sofa as soon as they leave.

"You know they just want to protect you right, Ash?" Mikey asks after a few moments of silence.

"Don't you think they are overreacting though. I've sent her three or four messages, that's it."

"But you have this look in your eye, and I think it's scaring them a little bit."

"She's gorgeous, Mike, she does something to me. I found her instagram last night, and she is just beautiful."

"Alright, budge up and show me a picture. If you're going to obsess over her awhile I need to know what she looks like."